Front Turn Lights Burning Out

jerrywin

I have had my GX-470 for just over a year, and during this past year, I have had the front turn blinker lights burnout at least twice on each side. Just had one go out again last week so we are now on the third round. The dealership replaces them each time for free, but it is irritating. Supposedly, an improved bulb has been installed, but they are still burning out.

Has anyone else seen this?

I have had my GX-470 for just over a year, and during this past year, I have had the front turn blinker lights burnout at least twice on each side.  Just had one go out again last week so we are now on the third round.  The dealership replaces them each time for free, but it is irritating.  Supposedly, an improved bulb has been installed, but they are still burning out.

Has anyone else seen this?

i've had both of mine bust out, but only once. so far still good

Make sure the delaer is using OEM bulbs. Sometimes they'll use cheap replacements to make more money on the part. Warranty pays the dealer for the part and labor. If they can make an extra $1.00 a bulb, they will

I think the OEM bulbs are made by Koyo (also make bearings), at least on cars made of 100% Japanese parts. The original bulbs (all of them) in my '01 honda (one of the last honda's made in Japan of 100% Japanese parts) still are fine. BTW, I'm at 180K mi on my original Koyo bearings in my '86 4runner, so they do last, and they weren't even repacked for the first time until 102K mi (FSM recommends 30K mi intervals).