New To The Club Gotta Couple Of ?

I am thinking about upgrading from a GS 300 to a GS 400. I found a 1998 GS4 with everything I want on it but its a wrecked/salvage vehicle (serious front end damage, airbags deployed) for about $7,000 or $8,000. Everything else on the car is fine and the seller says it should only cost about $4000 to fix. How much would it realistically cost to fix it up and would it even be worth it??

Or should I just keep looking for a nice used one on Autotrader.com, Ebay, etc.???

I am thinking about upgrading from a GS 300 to a GS 400. I found a 1998 GS4 with everything I want on it but its a wrecked/salvage vehicle (serious front end damage, airbags deployed) for about $7,000 or $8,000. Everything else on the car is fine and the seller says it should only cost about $4000 to fix. How much would it realistically cost to fix it up and would it even be worth it??

Or should I just keep looking for a nice used one on Autotrader.com, Ebay, etc.???

Keep looking. The last thing you need is someone else's problem... :D

I have to agree.

A. Never trust the dollar amount that they tell you it will take to fix it. You must have this checked out for youself, at possibly a small cost to you otherwise you're just giving them rope to hang you with.

B. Every wrecked car that I've known about has always had these little "quirks" when the car was done being 'fixed'. Things that don't work right anymore, or don't quite line up right, or a rattle that can't be found. Almost always more of a pain than you would at first think it is.

I say don't get, and look for the car that runs / needs only small touch-ups.