Leather Seats

Hey...I started to notices that my 99RX300 front seats are starting to get a lot of creases and lines in the leather. It looks terrible...on the seat area. I'm worried that the leather will start to crack..Is there anything I can put on the leather to prevent any more creases/lines on the leather before it cracks/rips?

Are you doing anything now to treat your seats?

There are several cleaners and treatments available. Check out this link for a discussion.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s...leather+cleaner

I prefer Leather in a Bottle by Zaino which is mentioned prominently in the above thread.

Covered Leather (Urethane, Vinyl or MB-Tex):

Since late ‘80s early ‘90s 85% of vehicle manufacturers have used covered leather for their interior upholstery. It’s made from natural hides, but uniquely treated with a light pigmented urethane resin coating or a vinyl covering to make it more viable for automotive seating. It retains the softness of natural top-grain leather but resists fading in direct sunlight, leathers worst enemy

Spills wipe off with a moistened cloth, the urethane resin or the vinyl covering require oils to stop it from drying out (just like a paint system's clear coat) the leather also requires replacement of natural oils. Clean, condition and apply a UVR protection as in items 1, 2 & 3 on page 2.

Identifying characteristics- uniform colour and grain patterns; will not scratch easily; water drops will not change colour.

Recommended products-

•Urethane Coated Leather- use Groit's Leather Care or Zanio’s Z-10 Leather in a bottle

•Vinyl or MB-Tex Covered leather- use Groit's Leather Rejuvenator or Leatherique Prestine Clean

JonM

Hey...I started to notices that my 99RX300 front seats are starting to get a lot of creases and lines in the leather. It looks terrible...on the seat area.  I'm worried that the leather will start to crack..Is there anything I can put on the leather to prevent any more creases/lines on the leather before it cracks/rips?

Hello...

There are many threads on this topic that recommend Lexol leather treatment to keep your leather looking top-notch. I use it a couple of times a year and the leather on my 99 ES looks brand new.

I purchase mine at Pep Boys.

Hey...I started to notices that my 99RX300 front seats are starting to get a lot of creases and lines in the leather. It looks terrible...on the seat area.  I'm worried that the leather will start to crack..Is there anything I can put on the leather to prevent any more creases/lines on the leather before it cracks/rips?

Hello...

There are many threads on this topic that recommend Lexol leather treatment to keep your leather looking top-notch. I use it a couple of times a year and the leather on my 99 ES looks brand new.

I purchase mine at Pep Boys.

wondering here guys, is the leather in my concorde of a different type than that of lexus? i woudl think so, it feels different...harder.

would lexol protect it the same way?

Its just lower quality. Both leathers are coated.

Now in 2001 Lexus moved to an uncoated leather...

i know its lower quality but it is still nice, make no mistake! LOL. the drivers seat is soft and supple (i said supple :D ) that is to say its worn in, but the back seats never get used....good and hard.

• 2 months later...