Engine Miss

BowtieJC

I just washed off the engine and now it is missing real bad ,it won't run good enough to drive, any ideas of what too look at , I guess something is wet but what. It is a 93 SC300. Any suggestions woulkd be appreciated.

Its the sparkplugs, they get water in them and miss. Its the back 2 that seem to collect the water. I've had the same problem after it rains sometimes and the first time after my engine got washed off. Take off your covers and see if you can suck the water out with a shop-vac or stick a rag in there to soak it up. Its not easy to get to but I'm 99% sure thats your problem since its right after an engine wash.

I just washed off the engine and now it is missing real bad ,it won't run good enough to drive, any ideas of what too look at , I guess something is wet but what. It is a 93 SC300. Any suggestions woulkd be appreciated.

Its the sparkplugs, they get water in them and miss. Its the back 2 that seem to collect the water. I've had the same problem after it rains sometimes and the first time after my engine got washed off. Take off your covers and see if you can suck the water out with a shop-vac or stick a rag in there to soak it up. Its not easy to get to but I'm 99% sure thats your problem since its right after an engine wash.

You could pop the distributor cap and check for moisture.

Our detail department is pro when it comes to fillingthe cap with moisture. Pop the ap and dry it out with a kleenex. Check for grey lines in the cap if you have run with the miss for a long time. To prevent this in the future be carfull where you spray, and coat the bottom of the cap sealing surface with lipbalm. I prefer the wife's expencive avon lip balm.