Lexus 470 In The Mud

moms_lexus

hey i will give my 2 cents worht here i am a previous grand ch owner (took over 8 months to get chrysler to buy back my vehicle because of a cpu problem which caused the car to stall constantly "lemon law") the trouble i had to go through for them to fix the jeep was horrible i would never in my life recommend buying one and i have had several (wrangle/ cherok/ then grand cher yj/then the wj) I will say this they are excellent 4w drive vehicles but at some point you have to consider reliability into the equation. With some planned mods we will do moab this summer and maybe some others but i still give a thumbs up to the moms lexus guy at least he takes the truck out and not just to the mall=:)

hey i will give my 2 cents worht here i am a previous grand ch owner (took over 8 months to get chrysler to buy back my vehicle because of a cpu problem which caused the car to stall constantly "lemon law") the trouble i had to go through for them to fix the jeep was horrible i would never in my life recommend buying one and i have had several (wrangle/ cherok/ then grand cher yj/then the wj) I will say this they are excellent 4w drive vehicles but at some point you have to consider reliability into the equation.

I have to agree with this statement...my dad has only driven toyotas and lives by the...he was really pushing for me to get one, but my mom finally convinced him to purchase a jeep... because of the problems we have had with the jeep, my younger sisters has only one option as to what brand of car shell be getting ...(30,000 miles on the jeep and had to replace clutch, all brakes, and hubs...but this is also from wear and tear <abuse> from wheeling) final statement- Toyota/Lexus = built to last Jeep=built only to wheel

Jeeps are cool. To each their own.

As for the prices of these rigs...if you really look around, you'll find that the older Lexuses, the LX 450s (like I have) and the older LX 470s are less expensive than the new Jeeps -- and more capable...so the statement of the jeeps being half the price is not necessarily true (unless you're only talking about new rigs).

I can tell you that I've passed more jeeps with problems (breakage, engine probs, etc.) on the trails than broken toyotas. If you want to spend your time working on the rig, then cool...get a jeep.

Again, you're really not posting anything substantial as far as an argument for why your jeep is better than my lexus. Lets see some pics of you wheeling.

This is going nowhere good. "moms lexus" decided not to play by the rules I laid out when I welcomed him, so he can join his brother on the banned list. I don't think its any loss to us :rolleyes:

LOC is welcoming to everyone who wants to be mature and civil to discuss anything they want, childish neener neener games and flame wars are not tolerated.

Closed ;)