Heated Seats Cant Feel?

Someone please help...I have an 01 gs 300 i thought the heated seats were broke the dealer said no...i took them to a different dealer they said yes...they replaced them costing 5,400 they still suck. One guy said I have to use my auto heat button to make them work. That helped a little there sometimes I feel them really well other times nothing.....they are always slow to start and never get very hot. Please tell me if anyone else has this problem are they supposed to be poor?

thanks, donna

The heated seats in my 98GS become noticeably warm within a minute. In two minutes there is no doubt that they are becoming very warm, and in four I turn them off because they are almost too hot. If they work, you'll know it. Unlike Volvo it seems it is just the seat pad that heats, and not the lower back as well.

my seats are not as quick as yours SRK.

I have heard people who should know say that the seats vary in temperature depending upon the outside temperature. Also that they will not turn on if the temp is over 70 or so.

Mine sure feel that way.

It takes mine a few minutes to heat up, but after that, they are comfortable enough to just about leave on as long as I want to.

The seat heating pads contain an intetgral thermostat that maintains seat surface temperature between 77 and 113 deg. F. There is no connection to the climate control system or outside temperature sensor whatsoever.

sounds like I was schnookered!! :o

Someone please help...I have an 01 gs 300 i thought the heated seats were broke the dealer said no...i took them to a different dealer they said yes...they replaced them costing 5,400 they still suck.  One guy said I have to use my auto heat button to make them work.  That helped a little there sometimes I feel them really well other times nothing.....they are always slow to start and never get very hot.  Please tell me if anyone else has this problem are they supposed to be poor?

thanks, donna

I have 01 gs300 and was confused myself that seats were cold in summer time when hitter was on. I came to the dealer and he said that it will work only if it cold outside. It works now very good. :rolleyes:

I have 01 gs300 and was confused myself that seats were cold in summer time when hitter was on. I came to the dealer and he said that it will work only if it cold outside. It works now very good. :rolleyes:

Just because the dealer tells us so, doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about! :whistles: It's no wonder car dealers (AKA stealers) get such a bad rap. Misinformation abounds at the local stealer.

To curb my curiosity, I just checked the wiring diagrams for every GSXXX from 1998 to 2005. They all work the same way. The switch is on, the seat is on; inclement weather or not.

Just because the dealer tells us so, doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about! :whistles: It's no wonder car dealers (AKA stealers) get such a bad rap. Misinformation abounds at the local stealer.

To curb my curiosity, I just checked the wiring diagrams for every GSXXX from 1998 to 2005. They all work the same way. The switch is on, the seat is on; inclement weather or not.

Can you explain why it did not work at the summer time and works now? Nobody touched these seats.

The seat heating pads contain an intetgral thermostat that maintains seat surface temperature between 77 and 113 deg. F. There is no connection to the climate control system or outside temperature sensor whatsoever.

I called lexus they said it's between the 77 and 113... so i said well that a difference of 33 degree's what determines if it's going to be 77 or 113 do i have to flick the on off switch a certain # of times to get that 113? i told them as a human my body temp is 98 so if it is always 77 i don't know i have heated seats. They are calling me back in two days.......fyi the replacement was done by my after market warrenty for that kind of money they would have stayed broke. If i had knew they could have paid me off to not fix them a lot cheaper...i wouldn't not have had them do the work to stay lame ... i feel scammed cause it never improved.

Can you explain why it did not work at the summer time and works now? Nobody touched these seats.

I got one for you the dealer told me i had to use the auto heat button be able to feel them because of moisture control. I did turn it on it does effect them...go figure.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Guy,

Noticed your post concerning heated seats and looking at the wiring diagrams. I have a 1998 GS400 that does not have heated seats. The wiring harness for the center console has the connectors for the heated seat switches. Any chance the seats come with heaters and just need the switches to be able to be used? I can get my hands on a center console trim replacement with the seat heater switches cheaply. If you have the wire coding for the seat heaters and switches, I will take a look to see if it is possible.

Thanks,

Ron

...they replaced them costing 5,400 they still suck.

are you serious? you paid $5400 for seat heaters!!!!!

you got ripped bigtime. did they give you brand new seats? what happened to old ones? pls tell me they didn't keep your perfectly good seats AND charge you $5400.

I would call Lexus corporate and demand a refund.

• 5 months later...
The heated seats in my 98GS become noticeably warm within a minute. In two minutes there is no doubt that they are becoming very warm, and in four I turn them off because they are almost too hot.  If they work, you'll know it.  Unlike Volvo it seems it is just the seat pad that heats, and not the lower back as well.

yup 2 to 3 minutes max and your seat has to be turned off cause it's so warm in 98GS