Back From Jpi

ArmyofOne

the car is still waiting on a part, shes not back yet, probably gonna have jason do some more work with it. (on the phone with him as i type this)

anyways, i went out there today to get the part for my core (the R&P) and the car felt much better (, also has new plugs and wires and an intake cleaning...(yay!)

DCP02314.sized.jpg

this is what came out of the car:

DCP02315.sized.jpg

i picked up the ball joints...and i was shocked!

DCP02317.sized.jpg

DCP02316.sized.jpg

im amazed it still drove!

the only thing now, is the power steering is leaking FASTER, because he had to put new ATF in the power steering. all the old fluid was factory fill and it had gunked up the lines and probably the pump too, so they didnt leak. right now jason is diagnosing that.

EDIT: ..and it looks like ALL of the pressure lines AND the pump are leaking. so im not going any further into this car right now. im out of funds. i will post the reciept and recite work performed (the list was long) on tuesday.

ok heres the list:

-Rack and pinion R&I (10hrs)

-Rack and pinion mount bushings (0 hrs)

-Left and Right Ball Joint R&I (4hrs)

-Left and right Outer Tie Rod Ends R&I (0hrs)

-Spark Plugs (Lexus OEM) (2hrs)

-Spark Plug Wires (Lexus OEM) (0hrs)

-Upper Intake Cleaning (1hr)

-Lower Intake Cleaning (1hr)

-Intake/MAF tube Replace R&I(0hrs)

-Fuel System Cleaning (1hr)

at $74 an hour, you add it, im too drunk at the moment.

Why aren't you doing some of that yourself army? You sound well qualified to do some of that....plugs & wires, intake cleaning... Doing the rack is hard though since there are alignment issues.

Man, JPI has some very reasonable labor rates, I wish I was close!

Why aren't you doing some of that yourself army?  You sound well qualified to do some of that....plugs & wires, intake cleaning...  Doing the rack is hard though since there are alignment issues. 

all comes down to time my friend. when you spend $70+ hours a week in an office, then 15 hrs a week in a classroom, you really dont have tme.

also there is the issue of having to fight to get a car if i do it myself (my mom needs the chrysler and my dad needs the truck).

i could have done every bit of it except the alignment, which i would have had done around the corner.

the plugs wires and intake cleaning was more a "last minute, because he had it apart anyway" kind of thing.

Why aren't you doing some of that yourself army?  You sound well qualified to do some of that....plugs & wires, intake cleaning...  Doing the rack is hard though since there are alignment issues. 

all comes down to time my friend. when you spend $70+ hours a week in an office, then 15 hrs a week in a classroom, you really dont have tme.

also there is the issue of having to fight to get a car if i do it myself (my mom needs the chrysler and my dad needs the truck).

i could have done every bit of it except the alignment, which i would have had done around the corner.

the plugs wires and intake cleaning was more a "last minute, because he had it apart anyway" kind of thing.

woo-hoo! i get to pick it up tonite! ill be sure and post on here as soon as i get home! :D

Alright, i brought the car home tonite, and the difference is ASTOUNDING. nothing short of a miracle. my transmission is now working fatastically, the entire front end is tighter, more responsive.

the steering wheel is centered. as i drove the 45+miles back home in silent splendor, i thought to myself "I'm not selling this car". :D Popping up over 100 mph from time to time, the lex only got smoother.

to think this car drove this good in 1990 is just nothing short of miraculous. as a result of jason doing my work, i will proudly sport 2 "JP Importz" Decals on the side or rear of my ride, i havent decided which yet...

I was sad to have to stop driving this:

DCP02321.sized.jpg

DCP02326.sized.jpg

but glad to get my smooth steering lex once again.

another very satisfied JPI customer!

I need to move to Texas...

Same here...

Glad to hear your car is driving sharp again.:cheers:

More pix of the parts replaced:

Air intake tube (fell apart in Jason's hands!!)

DCP02332.sized.jpg

Sumitomo (Lexus OEM) Plug wires:

DCP02333.sized.jpg

DCP02331.sized.jpg

The steering wheel is finally straight!

DCP02330.sized.jpg

Back at home in her spot!

DCP02329.sized.jpg