Bluetooth Phone Book Upload

CGregoryJr

Anyone know how to transfer a phone book from a Blackberry 7290 to the Lexus Hands Free system? Bluetooth connection is working fine. Unsure how to proceed after receiving this message from Lexus Nav Display: "Please send Phone Book from the phone"

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to transfer a phone book from a Blackberry 7290 to the Lexus Hands Free system? Bluetooth connection is working fine. Unsure how to proceed after receiving this message from Lexus Nav Display: "Please send Phone Book from the phone"

Thank you.

Follow your blackberry instructions. When you are in your contacts (or whatever address book blackberry has), there should be a menu option somewhere to send the contact/library. When you send it should transfer.

Thank you.

Follow your blackberry instructions. When you are in your contacts (or whatever address book blackberry has), there should be a menu option somewhere to send the contact/library. When you send it should transfer.

Blackberry 7290 only handles audio it will not transfer data. If you do a search on google for bluetooth 7290 transfer it will bring up a ton of other support threads which you can read through.

• 5 months later...

Blackberry 7290 SOLUTION

I too have a Blackberry 7290 and it is true that you cannot transfer data from it to anything else. It seems that Blackberry offers carrier specific programming to all the major phone companies; but they have all decided to lock the data transfer feature out completely from working. Even though these phones do support the capability, Blackberry seems to have recommended to the major phone carriers to NOT ALLOW for such data transfer in order to protect big companies from having data being stolen. This is a total bunch of bull !

In the meantime you can buy a Siemans S56 on eBay (make sure it has a Sim card - if not, buy for $10.00 delivered on eBay). Put in names and numbers in the S56. Add Siemans to the Lexus as additional bluetooth phone. Transfer phonebook from S56 to Lexus. Select Blackberry again as primary bluetooth phone. All names and numbers show up in Lexus LS430 navigation system and you can select and auto dial.

Good Luck!

Even with my compatible Motorola phone it does not allow you to transfer whole phone book at once, you must transfer one number at a time. Does seem to be a little bug in the Lexus system as have seen here that this is happening with all phones.

If memory serves me correctly - this issue is not the phoe companies fault - but beacuse RIM has removed the Bluetooth data transfer capacbility from all units shipped to the USA because of their US Government contracts that would not be possible if it were installed.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to be what I read on one of the RIM issues forums : www.blackberryforums.com <-- please be sure to search for the issue before starting a new thread.