Palm Tungsten With Bluetooth

maestro42

Hello

somebody can tell me if the Palm Tungsten with phone and bluetooth can work with bluetooth option on my GX470 ???

i don't find this model on lexus spec list !

I haven't seen a Lexus spec list on the bluetooth phones supported. Do you mean http://lexus.letstalk.com? This is just a web site trying to sell phones. One might be able to conclude that phones on this page will at least marginally work with the Lexus bluetooth, but I wouldn't conclude that just because it isn't on this list that it won't work. If you already have the phone, the best test would be to go down to your local Lexus dealer and give it a try on one of their cars on the lot.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello

somebody can tell me if the Palm Tungsten with phone and bluetooth can work with bluetooth option on my GX470 ???

Thank"s

Maestro (Marc)

I don't know about the Tungsten, but I have a Palm Treo 650 that works just fine with the '05 GX470 and it is not on "the list". The palmone.com web site had a car kit update to download for the treo, not sure about the Tungsten. It's an excellent hands free system. :D

One thing I would recommend if you are trying it is to follow palm's instructions exactly. If you have one thing incorrect it may not pair up.

How do you like your Treo?

I like it a lot. I had a moto mpx200 which was also a smartphone (no bluetooth). I really miss the size of that phone and the clam shell. The Treo is bigger and not as convenient to carry, but I've already gotten used to it. I prefer/need a phone that is also a PDA, and the Treo with the Palm OS I think is much better than the mpx in that regard. The Treo is very easy to use and navigate. The keyboard, although tiny, is really nice for entering info, particularly if you use the messaging, email and web functions. The moto may have had a little better sound quality, I haven't used the Treo enough to make that comparison yet.

As for the wireless headset, I don't know yet. I'm waiting for a Plantronics headset that was ordered. I do know that the bluetooth in the GX works great!! :)

Is your True 650 a Sprint PCS phone?

Thanks

Bill

Hello

Thank"s

Maestro (Marc)

I don't know about the Tungsten, but I have a Palm Treo 650 that works just fine with the '05 GX470 and it is not on "the list". The palmone.com web site had a car kit update to download for the treo, not sure about the Tungsten. It's an excellent hands free system. :D

One thing I would recommend if you are trying it is to follow palm's instructions exactly. If you have one thing incorrect it may not pair up.

• 1 month later...

I have a Tungstun T3. I created a separate contact list called LEXUS.

Then was easily able to get the two to communicate, transferred by LEXUS contact list into my phone book in a matter of seconds!

No phone option on my Tungstun but I was happy to get a phone list transferred to use with my V710 as it works perfectly with the exception of transferring numbers.