Sewell Lexus Service Experience

myls430rox

At the risk of sounding like a shill for Sewell Lexus of Dallas, here goes:

Yesterday morning, my wife is on her morning commute in her 2001 LS. She calls me to ask about some lights that are showing that she had not seen before. I am in Boston on a business trip (don't you love how negative stuff happens when you are away on business?). The master caution light is illuminated, check engine is illuminated, VSC OFF and the car is not running as well as it usually does.

I take down the symptoms and phone John O'Keefe, Sewell Lexus Assistant Service Manager. He immediately wants to know some more info to determine whether the car is safe to drive....once we determined that it was, we discussed options. I told him that it was impossible for my wife to take the car to Sewell as her work situation is very difficult....The following is what they did for us.

Within 30 minutes of our call, they delivered a 2004 ES-330 to my wife's office and carted away the LS. They called her late last evening to report that the crankshaft sensor was malfunctioning and needed to be replaced. She told him of some other minor annoyances and asked him to look at them as well. Early this afternoon, the LS was delivered back to my wife's office and the loaner taken back. All is well and my wife is happy.

This kind of customer service, along with incredible engineering and build quality, is what I had been hoping for in my years of desiring an LS. The fact that Sewell Lexus will take care of everything, when I am on the road, is worth the price of admission to the Lexus Experience!

Thanks for letting me share this experience.

At the risk of sounding like a shill for Sewell Lexus of Dallas,  here goes:

Yesterday morning, my wife is on her morning commute in her 2001 LS.  She calls me to ask about some lights that are showing that she had not seen before.  I am in Boston on a business trip (don't you love how negative stuff happens when you are away on business?).  The master caution light is illuminated, check engine is illuminated, VSC OFF and the car is not running as well as it usually does.

I take down the symptoms and phone John O'Keefe, Sewell Lexus Assistant Service Manager.  He immediately wants to know some more info to determine whether the car is safe to drive....once we determined that it was, we discussed options.  I told him that it was impossible for my wife to take the car to Sewell as her work situation is very difficult....The following is what they did for us.

Within 30 minutes of our call, they delivered a 2004 ES-330 to my wife's office and carted away the LS.  They called her late last evening to report that the crankshaft sensor was malfunctioning and needed to be replaced.  She told him of some other minor annoyances and asked him to look at them as well.  Early this afternoon, the LS was delivered back to my wife's office and the loaner taken back.  All is well and my wife is happy.

This kind of customer service, along with incredible engineering and build quality, is what I had been hoping for in my years of desiring an LS.  The fact that Sewell Lexus will take care of everything, when I am on the road, is worth the price of admission to the Lexus Experience!

where int he metroplex ar eyou? email me at:

armyof1_2006@yahoo.com.

maybe we can meet up sometime. B)

At the risk of sounding like a shill for Sewell Lexus of Dallas,  here goes:

Yesterday morning, my wife is on her morning commute in her 2001 LS.  She calls me to ask about some lights that are showing that she had not seen before.  I am in Boston on a business trip (don't you love how negative stuff happens when you are away on business?).  The master caution light is illuminated, check engine is illuminated, VSC OFF and the car is not running as well as it usually does.

I take down the symptoms and phone John O'Keefe, Sewell Lexus Assistant Service Manager.  He immediately wants to know some more info to determine whether the car is safe to drive....once we determined that it was, we discussed options.  I told him that it was impossible for my wife to take the car to Sewell as her work situation is very difficult....The following is what they did for us.

Within 30 minutes of our call, they delivered a 2004 ES-330 to my wife's office and carted away the LS.  They called her late last evening to report that the crankshaft sensor was malfunctioning and needed to be replaced.  She told him of some other minor annoyances and asked him to look at them as well.  Early this afternoon, the LS was delivered back to my wife's office and the loaner taken back.  All is well and my wife is happy.

This kind of customer service, along with incredible engineering and build quality, is what I had been hoping for in my years of desiring an LS.  The fact that Sewell Lexus will take care of everything, when I am on the road, is worth the price of admission to the Lexus Experience!

where int he metroplex ar eyou? email me at:

armyof1_2006@yahoo.com.

maybe we can meet up sometime. B)

Every lexus dealer should receive a email of this " Service Experience " That is what service should be about. ;) WOW !!!

I occasionally order parts from Sewell ( http://www.lexus-parts.com/ )and have been very happy with their service and the bit they knock off retail prices. They once sent the wrong obscure accessory part to me. When I called them up they seemed to fall all over themselves to get the correct part to me quickly while keeping me informed of the status. Nice to hear that they are still providing great service.

When the salesman at Lexus described the CPO warranty and the standards of service, I did not completely trust that it would be as he described. After all, he is a salesman! As this is our first Lexus, all I had to compare was my previous experiences with domestic-brand dealerships.

The most interesting development is my wife's reaction to this experience. Apparently, she was not fully convinced that this purchase was wise. She loves the car but she has a very hard time with spending what we did on a car. She is now convinced and understands the "Lexus" difference.

My company recently doubled my responsibilities, and I now have to travel quite a bit to the Northeast. I now know that no matter what happens to my wife's car, over the next 3 years, Sewell will take care of it. Not having to worry about that is worth what we paid.

In closing, Sewell called me this week to do a "Customer Satisfaction" survey. I fairly gushed about the service and gave them the highest marks. The lady was giggling at my enthusiastic responses....Apparently most people don't get as excited as I do about this level of customer service....

Ya'll have a great weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
When the salesman at Lexus described the CPO warranty and the standards of service, I did not completely trust that it would be as he described.  After all, he is a salesman!  As this is our first Lexus, all I had to compare was my previous experiences with domestic-brand dealerships.

The most interesting development is my wife's reaction to this experience.  Apparently, she was not fully convinced that this purchase was wise.  She loves the car but she has a very hard time with spending what we did on a car.  She is now convinced and understands the "Lexus" difference. 

My company recently doubled my responsibilities, and I now have to travel quite a bit to the Northeast.  I now know that no matter what happens to my wife's car, over the next 3 years, Sewell will take care of it.  Not having to worry about that is worth what we paid.

In closing, Sewell called me this week to do a "Customer Satisfaction" survey.  I fairly gushed about the service and gave them the highest marks.  The lady was giggling at my enthusiastic responses....Apparently most people don't get as excited as I do about this level of customer service....

Ya'll have a great weekend!

I too bought merchandise from Sewell and found them to be 'more' than just a parts counter...I can only hope that the extended warranty and service contract I just bought will have the same execellent result. The last dealership that I was impressed with was Saturn...Don't laugh, they tried harder than BMW and the other FANCY IMPORTS. I think Lexus will continue to deliver...

Bruce

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just wanted to add to this thread and say how great my experience with Darrel at Sewell has been. I got quotes from the other big competitors like Irontoad and Park Place. I can't knock them, very friendly guys, but Sewell hands down gave me the lowest prices on a large order, $800 worth of parts. My total shipping for everything was less than $9. I've determined that if you order more than a few nuts and bolts, Sewell is the best deal vs. Park Place's free shipping. They're all good though and a heck of a lot less than the local Dealer.

They had my order shipped within 24 hours and I received it in 2 days. These days some Dealers are sneaking in aftermarket parts but Sewell uses only OEM. All my e-mails were returned. And, although I didn't have any problems, you can return anything unused within 14 days for a FULL refund. That is worth a lot in my book versus those ridiculous places that charge a 20% restocking. Geez, I sound like I work for them! I don't, just sharing my experience. :D

• 1 year later...

You guys were lucky to have such good service from Sewell Lexus of Dallas. I have just had a very bad experience with Sewell Lexus of Ft. Worth on Bryant Irvin Road in Ft. Worth. I had a valid warranty claim for a $1900 windshield replacement that cracked through no fault of my own and no road damage. The claim was disallowed by the Service Writer, The Service Manager, The New Car Sales Manager, and the General Manager, in that order. I went through the process but the claim under my New Car Warranty was denied. I have filed a complaint with The Better Business Bureau of Fort Worth, Lexus USA, and The Consumer Complaint Division of the Texas Attorney General's Office. I was very disappointed with the "service" I received from them after buying my new LS430 from them less than 2 years ago. I won't be going back. Luckily there are several other Lexus dealers in the DFW area.

Sewell Lexus of Fort Worth.........Thumbs Down!

• 2 weeks later...