Weird Sound Coffee?

I dont know if this is normal and i know it sounds funny

sometimes when i am parked with the car on it sounds like ther is a brewing sound, haha it sounds like a coffee maker in the dash

anyone experience this before

I dont know if this is normal and i know it sounds funny

sometimes when i am parked with the car on  it sounds like ther is a brewing sound, haha it sounds like a coffee maker in the dash

anyone experience this before

Most likely normal, or at least common. It has to do with the air conditioner and refrigerant cycling.

I noticed my GS400 had that noise as the engine was accelerated from idle, and it turned out to be a slightly low coolant level. Air bubbles pass through the heater core and make the noise I think. Check the coolant level in the rad, not the header, when the engine is fully cold.

• 3 weeks later...
I noticed my GS400 had that noise as the engine was accelerated from idle, and it turned out to be a slightly low coolant level.  Air bubbles pass through the heater core and make the noise I think.  Check the coolant level in the rad, not the header, when the engine is fully cold.

I just got my car (2001 GS 300) out of the shop for the same reason. After taking it in 4 times prior. Sometimes you can just place the key in the ignition without even turning the motor on and it gets to churning. To me it sounds like a gurgling sound, as in when you let water out of a sink or yeah the coffee brewing sould also. I took mine in because I have the extended warranty and I wanted to make sure it was nothing serious. Well after my car being there for a week and they changed several things dealing the AC and also finding several other things wrong, which were covered under the warranty, after I threatened them with I would go to corporate, if something major happened after the warranty expired. Well it stayed their for a week. I was about to drive off and yes the noise again. So then I leave it again and picked it up today. All was fine, then this evening I'm in it and the noise again. What is this??????????????? :wacko: And if it's as simple as you guys say, why didn't the two service techs and 3 customer service reps. tell me this. They claimed they never heard it before. But yes tomorrow I'm taking it in again. Until they tell me that. No they said both times oh it's fixed now. Right!! Just think if I was paying for that, no telling how much they are billing the warranty company. Yes, I'm frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 9 months later...

I am currently experiencing the brewing sound only while the heater/ac is on. It seems as if it's coming from the front passenger vent. I checked my coolant level and it sure was low. Filled it up and the brewing sound vanished.......THEN it reappeared. Verified coolant level, it was full. Noise is causing me heartburn. Read the link provided above and most feel its air bubbles within the head core. One guy suspects it’s a head gasket leak. Another person had the dealer purge the air out of his radiator. Any recommendations as to what I need to do? Dont want to risk any damage to my heater, especially in the bitter cold.

I am currently experiencing the brewing sound only while the heater/ac is on.  It seems as if it's coming from the front passenger vent.  I checked my coolant level and it sure was low.  Filled it up and the brewing sound vanished.......THEN it reappeared.  Verified coolant level, it was full.  Noise is causing me heartburn.  Read the link provided above and most feel its air bubbles within the head core.  One guy suspects it’s a head gasket leak.  Another person had the dealer purge the air out of his radiator.  Any recommendations as to what I need to do?  Dont want to risk any damage to my heater, especially in the bitter cold.

More than likely it is a pocket of trapped air in the heater coolant system moving to the highest point. <_< Jack up the vehicle from the front or park on a steep driveway. remove the cap, make sure coolant system is not hot before removing cap, place heater on full heat. Rev engine to about 2500 to 3000rpms, allow car to run till coolant is warm, fill through radiator cap till full. Replace cap and return car to idle. Problem should be solved

Appreciate the remedy. I'll try it tonight. For clarification purposes, are you instructing I rev. the engine between 2500-3500rpms until the coolant is warm? Another question, the coolant level is now full, and since its full I am assuming that I should skip the step "fill through radiator cap till full," correct? Thanks again.

Appreciate the remedy.  I'll try it tonight.  For clarification purposes, are you instructing I rev. the engine between 2500-3500rpms until the coolant is warm?  Another question, the coolant level is now full, and since its full I am assuming that I should skip the step "fill through radiator cap till full," correct?  Thanks again.

Any rpm in that range will be ok, you can vary it or keep it steady. What you should see is a slight drop in the fluid level, as the air pocket moves to the new highest point, out the filler neck. You may or may not need to add coolant, the coolant will also drop from the higher rpm's, helping to pressurize the system slightly, once the cap is screwed back on. The heater MUST be on maximum heat, the fan can be on low however the temp dial needs to be on the highest heat setting the entire time you're doing this.