Engine Check Light And Od Light On And Flashes

Jimbo1285

my engine check light came on yesterday and then turned off. today it turned on again. I tapped the E1 and TE1 together. It gave me a code 26. also the Overdrive light starts to blink too. What can be the problem??? and what is code number 26?????

I am in the same position, I got error code 25 and 26

Oddly this seems to be air fuel ration lean malfunction (25)

Air-Fuel Ration rich malfunction (26)

So mine is rich and lean at the same time. Car runs real rough, like it is missing.

What do you know about the mass air flow sensor?

Usually if the overdrive light is blinking along with check engine it would be a speed sensor in the trans. I would pull the fuse to the ecu and let it sit for a bit, then power it back up and pull the codes again. you may be looking at some old codes that have been in there for a while

sorry dont know much about the mass air flow. my check engine light turned off for some reason i dont know. but i found out what 26 means. it was something about running too rich. im just going to give my car a tune up first. i also read that it can be the ign. coils. problem for running too rich. i only get around 230miles per full tank and i think i should be getting over 300 per tank. hopefully the tune up will take care of it and the check engine light