How Do I Reset A Ls430 Navigation System

Kort

I tried to install a 04' LS430 nav DVD in a '01 LS430. It could not read the disk. I put the old disk back in and it cant read it either. I assume there must be a way to clear or re-set the Nav so it will accept it's original disk. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the procedure is ??

Thanks

-Kort

:cheers:

Ok, I'm about to answer my own question.... After sitting for a couple of days we went out and started the car and the old disk loaded back into the system. Go figure.... after trying everything and putting up with no nav system for a day it just started working. I did get to talk to an expert Lexus tech and he said there should be no problem reverting to an older nav DVD and had no real answer as to why it had stopped working in the first place, or why it came back online. Either way, were happy again..... :D

Yeah I didnt know that the issuewas with getting the old 01 disc to work, the system is designed so that if you successfully upgrade it it will never play the old disc again, for instance if you try and load the old 03 disc in your 04 that you've now upgraded to the 04 disc it won't read it. Since the 03 disc wouldnt upgrade the 01 though I don't understand why it wouldnt go back to the 00 disc.

Weird, oh well glad its fixed!

• 3 weeks later...

What probably happened is that when he put in an update DVD it did not upgrade..most likely put in a Gen IV DVD that is not compatible. Since the system wasn't upgraded the initial DVD was probably put back in but needed to be reset by the system.

I know that if you have an 03 and put in 04 it will work, I think that once you upgrade from the original 01 all the flash on the system is reprogrammed and the system won't read the old DVD. Most likely way to get the system to read the old DVD is to reset the EEPROM on the system..not sure how to do that.

My $.02

Yeah I didnt know that the issuewas with getting the old 01 disc to work, the system is designed so that if you successfully upgrade it it will never play the old disc again, for instance if you try and load the old 03 disc in your 04 that you've now upgraded to the 04 disc it won't read it. Since the 03 disc wouldnt upgrade the 01 though I don't understand why it wouldnt go back to the 00 disc.

Weird, oh well glad its fixed!