Mark Levinson's Lcd Light

MingF

Hi...

It has been pretty cold lately in the past couple of weeks in Toronto. I've recently notice that when I turn on my car and turn on the radio....the green LCD light that lights the background of the display for the radio is very dim. It would stay dim but as a drive the green light will eventually get bright and back to normal. Has this happen to you ? Is it just because of the cold weather? The rest of the dashboard lights work normally...it's just the radio's LCD display. I don't know if the bulb is going to burn out...

Let me know if this happens to you or if there's a way to fix it.

Thanks

Hi...

It has been pretty cold lately in the past couple of weeks in Toronto.  I've recently notice that when I turn on my car and turn on the radio....the green LCD light that lights the background of the display for the radio is very dim.  It would stay dim but as a drive the green light will eventually get bright and back to normal.  Has this happen to you ? Is it just because of the cold weather? The rest of the dashboard lights work normally...it's just the radio's LCD display.  I don't know if the bulb is going to burn out...

Let me know if this happens to you or if there's a way to fix it.

Thanks

If you start your car in a dark garage the backlighting of the display will dim to adjust for low ambient light. You can override this by touching the 'display' button and following the prompts.

happens to me all the time.

I don't have Navi, just the premium. I know exactly what Ming describes.

It's just the cold. As the cabin warms up the LCD illuminates brighter.

I usually see the darkening when it is below 20°F on the outside temp reading.

Ming, don't worry about it.

steviej

happens to me all the time.

I don't have Navi, just the premium.  I know exactly what Ming describes.

It's just the cold.  As the cabin warms up the LCD illuminates brighter.

I usually see the darkening when it is below 20°F on the outside temp reading.

Ming, don't worry about it.

steviej

Alright cool....Yeah sorry but I don't have the Navigation on my car. But do you think this would eventually damaged the display on the radio? Thanks for all your help everyone!