Sc 430 2003 Alignment Problems

lilme

I have 17500 miles and the inner tread on all 4 tires is gone, as in 2/32 left. The other treads have 8-9/32 left. Possibly another 15000 miles if the alignment had not gone out again. :cries: I have had it aligned 2 times and the tires rotated 3 times. I've done what I should. Is there a problem with camber in this car?? I will have to replace all 4 tires. :censored:

#1 complaint on those my man... they wear out too fast... many people put regular radials in their place...

Thanks. But is the alignment, specifically the negative camber what is ruining the tires? Will the new, standard tires I put on be ruined prematurely also? That is what I need to know.

I think the RF tires have such a stiff sidewall that the edeges wear-out prematurely. A conventional radial is much more forgiving as the soft side-wall lets the face of the tire stay flatter on the pavement. --johnny

• 3 weeks later...
I have 17500 miles and the inner tread on all 4 tires is gone, as in 2/32 left. The other treads have 8-9/32 left. Possibly another 15000 miles if the alignment had not gone out again.:cries:  I have had it aligned 2 times and the tires rotated 3 times. I've done what I should. Is there a problem with camber in this car?? I will have to replace all 4 tires. :censored:

My SC430 front tire inner threads havea also worn after about 12K miles on the Dunlops. Let me know what you figure out. I'm replacing the Dunlup run flats with conventional tires.

This is normal wear for that tire. Swap it out with the Michelin Pilot AS tires and save about $125 per tire and get 20k miles more. Use $50 to get AAA if you have a flat.

I have 17500 miles and the inner tread on all 4 tires is gone, as in 2/32 left. The other treads have 8-9/32 left. Possibly another 15000 miles if the alignment had not gone out again.:cries:  I have had it aligned 2 times and the tires rotated 3 times. I've done what I should. Is there a problem with camber in this car?? I will have to replace all 4 tires. :censored:

What dose the tire shop and Alinment shop tell you. They shoul be able to tell you if it is the car or the tires. You can even call around to dierant tire shops and ask them. If you ask 3 shops and get the same responce from 2 it is most likly right.