Water In Head/taillights

I tried searching for the topic and couldnt find it, so I apologize for the repeated tpoic as Im sure it's been discussed alot. Anyways Is there a way to fix this issue? I have a 92 and the front right headlight has water in it. It still works and lights up but kinda bug. The tail light has a tiny bit to. It leads to fogging and water drops on the inside. Thanks. I was thinking of putting a blowdryer to it :P

I tried searching for the topic and couldnt find it, so I apologize for the repeated tpoic as Im sure it's been discussed alot. Anyways Is there a way to fix this issue? I have a 92 and the front right headlight has water in it. It still works and lights up but kinda bug. The tail light has a tiny bit to. It leads to fogging and water drops on the inside. Thanks. I was thinking of putting a blowdryer to it :P

try dumping a small but of rubbing alchohol into the hosuing (remvoe the bulb. pour in hole) and let it sit overnight...

you could oven the lights and open them and then clean them yourself. Then you could reseal with a silcone sealant.

this would probably be best method for ultimate cleanness, IMO

There have been few posts that teach u step by step on the procedure.

do a search on clear corners in the ES forums.

I had water in the headlights of my '01 ES a month ago (thanks to my dealer for leaving the hood open on rainy days at the service lot) :rolleyes::censored: What I did was the following:

- Disconnected the wiring and removed the headlights from the car.

- Brought the headlights inside the house and removed the bulbs.

- Hooked up 2 plastic straws together and sucked as much of the water as I could from inside the headlights. Spat the water out and into the sink.

- Placed the headlights inside the oven and had them cooked at the lowest cooking temp. for 5 min.

- Repeated the cooking cycles until I see no more fogging/condensation inside the headlights.

- Let the headlights cool off at room temp. for 10-15 min.

- Installed the bulbs, reconnected the wiring and installed the headlights back to the car.

I know some people will be disgusted by the water-sucking technique (not recommended for everyone) but it worked for me, and I haven't had any condensation since then :cheers: