Unlocking All Doors With One Push Of The Button

TrueBlues

My former boss had a BMW which he had his dealer change his key fob to open all four doors with one hit of the unlock button rather than the default of two hits. I was hoping to do the same myself without taking it into the dealer $$.

Anyone have the knowledge to reprogram this feature? It's getting annoying to have to hit the button once wait and hit again to get the back door open to throw some stuff in the backseat everytime I get into my '98 ES300.

Thanks.

I don't know about the '98 ES, but that option is available on the '02 ES and up.

This upgrade, if available on your car will have to be done by a Lexus dealer.

That's a good question......I should check the owners manual on my 01 ES to see if it's possible as well. If I find anything out, I will let you know.....surely if we can do this, we don't need to take it to hte dealer do we? Should be fairly simple if the instructions are followed? ;) :unsure:

:cheers:

That's a good question......I should check the owners manual on my 01 ES to see if it's possible as well.  If I find anything out, I will let you know.....surely if we can do this, we don't need to take it to hte dealer do we?  Should be fairly simple if the instructions are followed?  ;)    :unsure: 

There are certain personalized changes that require specialized equipment that only Lexus dealers have. That's why it says in the Owners Manual to contact your dealer. ;)

That's a good question......I should check the owners manual on my 01 ES to see if it's possible as well.  If I find anything out, I will let you know.....surely if we can do this, we don't need to take it to hte dealer do we?  Should be fairly simple if the instructions are followed?   ;)    :unsure:  

There are certain personalized changes that require specialized equipment that only Lexus dealers have. That's why it says in the Owners Manual to contact your dealer. ;)

I'll check my owners manual to see if mine has these features. Now, is this something we have to pay the dealer to do or are these 'adjustments' done for free? :unsure:

Just got an 2005 last month. Was given a month to bring the fob back for free personalized settings.

Believe after you get you freebie, the charge for future changes is $175.

That's a good question......I should check the owners manual on my 01 ES to see if it's possible as well.  If I find anything out, I will let you know.....surely if we can do this, we don't need to take it to hte dealer do we?  Should be fairly simple if the instructions are followed?   ;)    :unsure:  

I'll check my owners manual to see if mine has these features. Now, is this something we have to pay the dealer to do or are these 'adjustments' done for free? :unsure:

Just got an 2005 last month. Was given a month to bring the fob back for free personalized settings.

Believe after you get you freebie, the charge for future changes is $175.

Ouch! :blink: All the more reason they should make it simple for the owner to do it! :chairshot: My Dad's 2002 Buick Century is able to have a bunch of things 'personalized'........the owners manual explains everything in details & it's a breeze. Not to say the Lexus is as easy as a Buick.......but they should be able to do something similar. ;)

The Lexus Owners Manual is typical of most upscale automobiles, they figure that the majority of these owners don't do their own maintenance and prefer having their dealers make these changes. Non upscale Owners Manuals usually are much more user friendly so you can do these upgrades yourself. ;)

They should all be 'user friendly' with the suggestion if one does not want to perform these functions to then take it to the dealer......at least that way, the customer has the choice. All owners of high end & main stream vehicles like choice. ;)

It depends on the dealer. I was informed when I purchased the car I can get the personalized setting adjusted at any time while the 05 is in warrenty as long as I bring it back to them (other delaers would charge). It is in the shop getting it's first oil change and they are shortening the time delay on the trunk open button.

The loaner RX330 is a very different ride...

"There are certain personalized changes that require specialized equipment that only Lexus dealers have. That's why it says in the Owners Manual to contact your dealer. "

Well since I will need to take it to the dealer to get this door unlock enabled. Are there a list of other personalized changes I should also considered while having them do the one?

Thx, Mike

98 ES300

It depends on the dealer. I was informed when I purchased the car I can get the personalized setting adjusted at any time while the 05 is in warrenty as long as I bring it back to them (other delaers would charge).

Tsquared, that was my information, too. As long as it is under the basic warranty, any change to the personal settings is gratus. My dealership did not specify it had to be them. Doesn't make sence because if the car is under basic warranty, it is honored by all Lexus dealerships.

steviej

The Lexus Owners Manual is typical of most upscale automobiles, they figure that the majority of these owners don't do their own maintenance and prefer having their dealers make these changes. Non upscale Owners Manuals usually are much more user friendly so you can do these upgrades yourself.  ;)

Haha, I know what you mean by that. In my owners manual under directions on how to change your headlight bulbs, it tells you to "bring your vehicle to your closest Lexus Dealer immediately for bulb replacement" LOL. Of course, I didn't do that and I changed the bulbs myself. :D

Hey Sk,

I found a list in the General Maintenance section for the GS. Will those instructions work for the 97-01 generation?

I am also wondering what mod options are available for the 97, as I have seen a few people say that the 98-01 are the same, but the 97 seems to be left out.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Sk,

I found a list in the General Maintenance section for the GS.  Will those instructions work for the 97-01 generation?

I am also wondering what mod options are available for the 97, as I have seen a few people say that the 98-01 are the same, but the 97 seems to be left out.

Thanks.

Well, I just took my '98 ES300 to the Lexus dealer to have some work done. In addition I asked about getting the personalization codes changed. The service guy brought in the head Technician who said that that option wasn't availabe on the ES cars until just recently, maybe 2004 or 2005. So it looks like I'm out of luck changing my door locks FOB or any other options listed in the C-Best Option link.

:pirate:

Personalization codes are available on 2002ES's up. I'm not too sure if they had that option before then. It should be spelled out in the each years Owners Manual if it was. ;)