Traction Actuator Leaking

kinhoang

Hello.

I have a LS 400 1990. Recently, the break fluid is leaking badly. I found out the leak was coming from the trac actuator pump. I took the pump out and found out that the 2 O rings was bad and cause the leak. I took them to all the local parts stores but could not match them. They all either bigger or thinner. I went to the Lexus dealer to buy but they said dealer do not sell the O rings separately. I have to buy the whole unit that cost over 2000$. I felt that Lexus is very ripped off!!!

Do you know any way to fix this problem or some place that I can buy the O rings to repalace them. Much thank you!

Look in your local Yellow Pages under "Seals" or "Hydraulic", and you should find a number of business that sell hydraulic fittings of all configurations.

Note that the Lexus will probably be metric, which is no big deal. These guys can also look at the joint configuration and make sure the selected seals have the right compression.

You can make your own with an O-Ring kit, but in brake applications I wouldn't recommend having a joint in my o-ring.

Mick

Hello.

I have a LS 400 1990. Recently, the break fluid is leaking badly. I found out the leak was coming from the trac actuator pump. I took the pump out and found out that the 2 O rings was bad and cause the leak. I took them to all the local parts stores but could not match them. They all either bigger or thinner. I went to the Lexus dealer to buy but they said dealer do not sell the O rings separately. I have to buy the whole unit that cost over 2000$. I felt that Lexus is very ripped off!!!

Do you know any way to fix this problem or some place that I can buy the O rings to repalace them. Much thank you!

• 2 months later...

wwest

Could you show me where should I block the pipe line of the TRAC control system and what kind of fittings used to block the brake line. Can we just leave the TRAC system in place while blocking/isolating it? That way we can fix it whenever we have the time/chance by the cheapest way later on.

Does the ABS still works after this isolation of TRAC control?

I have the Lexus shop manual but not sure how to do it correctly.

Thanks

ABS will still work because the pump for it is in the assembly just behind the intake air filter. Early models only. Insofar as which lines to block off I'll have to look and get back to you.