Notice From Lexus Regarding Nav "anomalies"

glr

Earlier this month Lexus issued a notice regarding "2004 through early 2005 model year Lexus navigation system software update". My '04 330 came with North America D data version 03.2

They replaced that with North America W41 D data version 4.2

I have no idea whether I received only a software upgrade to repair the "anomalies" or I also picked up new streets and POIs.

I didn't think the new DVD was out yet for ES330 and, with that in mind, I may have been better off delaying the "repair" to maximize the benefit. :wacko:

The new version software is released about every November. The main reason for upgrading is to get the most current streets, maps, and points of interest.

That was very nice of Lexus to tell you about the upgrade, since I had to fight like hell to get the upgraded disc...Free, otherwise, the cost is about $375!

The new version software is released about every November. The main reason for upgrading is to get the most current streets, maps, and points of interest.

That was very nice of Lexus to tell you about the upgrade, since I had to fight like hell to get the upgraded disc...Free, otherwise, the cost is about $375!

Is that to say that the disk you received was North America W41 D data version 4.2 too?

I am hoping that the new version I received did include additional streets, maps and points of interest relative to the original and was not merely a software upgrade that fixed a problem I never seemed to experience in the first place.

I don't know the exact version, but when I bought my '03ES in March '03 the NAV disc originally installed was an '02 disc. I upgraded to an '03 disc in the Spring of '04. My whole purpose in doing this was because certain new streets in my area(New York suburbs & Minneapolis suburbs) had a lot of changes that I needed, which didn't show up on the older version disc. I didn't do this because of problems with the NAV system. At about $375 a shot I don't intend upgrading for at least another year.

Earlier this month Lexus issued a notice regarding "2004 through early 2005 model year Lexus navigation system software update".  My '04 330 came with North America D data version 03.2

They replaced that with North America W41 D data version 4.2

I have no idea whether I received only a software upgrade to repair the "anomalies" or I also picked up new streets and POIs.

I didn't think the new DVD was out yet for ES330 and, with that in mind, I may have been better off delaying the "repair" to maximize the benefit.  :wacko:

I can't speak for the ES specifically, but I do know that the 2005 RX 330 has been 'updated' large to include many more cities & suburban areas both in the united states & canada. The folks at the Lexus plant went to great lenghts to explain that to us on our tour of the plant. ;)

:cheers:

I can't speak for the ES specifically, but I do know that the 2005 RX 330 has been 'updated' large to include many more cities & suburban areas both in the united states & canada. The folks at the Lexus plant went to great lenghts to explain that to us on our tour of the plant.

Naturally, a newer version disc will give you more information. As an example: the POI went from 2 million up to over 5 million when I upgraded my disc. I'm sure it'll increase even more when I decide to upgrade this version in the future. :)

I bet in 3 - 5+ years a Nav system will almost be standard equipment on even low priced vehicles &/or perhaps they will be a dirt cheap option that only cost a few hundred bucks instead of thousands B) In the meantime, I'll buy a map. ;)

I bet in 3 - 5+ years a Nav system will almost be standard equipment on even low priced vehicles &/or perhaps they will be a dirt cheap option that only cost a few hundred bucks instead of thousands  B)  In the meantime, I'll buy a map.  ;)

The NAV system is the same as all new technology......it's expensive in the beginning, and as time goes by the prices come down. Example: Look at how much more you get in a computer now as compared to a few years ago....and much cheaper. ;)