Ski Rack Question

pedah3

Anyone using a Thule ski rack on the existing crossbars? I had an exisitning rack so I bought the Thule feet to attach to the factory x-bars and it fits great. When hitting the freeway, however, I get a very annoying reverberation from the roof at 50+mph. Has anyone played with the position of the bars to reduce this noise - or is anyone using the fairing? Thanks!

I use the thule with the fairing. I have the square bars. I think they are 50 inch bars. I use ski racks and canoe holders. I have no problems and no noise. I even go through the automatic car wash with it. They say not to do it, but I have no problems.

Anyone using a Thule ski rack on the existing crossbars?  I had an exisitning rack so I bought the Thule feet to attach to the factory x-bars and it fits great.  When hitting the freeway, however, I get a very annoying reverberation from the roof at 50+mph.  Has anyone played with the position of the bars to reduce this noise - or is anyone using the fairing?  Thanks!

Shape of some ski rack are like wing. You have put them on so the turn in right direction.

Thule should be ok. In Japan you can order Thule as an option at the Lexus/Toyota dealer..