Steering Wheel Audio Controls

Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I currently own a 1994 GS300 and find it to be a great car. I have had it for a while and am thinking about purchasing a newer GS300 - probably a 2001+.

Anyway, I know that steering wheel audio controls are standard on the 430, but are not available from the factory with the GS300. It seems to be the same radio and same steering wheel housing - is there any way that the audio controls could be added to the 3? Does anyone know that this would take if it is possible?

Thanks - and the forum is great.

I guess it would be possible but not easy. Possibly there are too many wires already coming through with the e-shift buttons for Lexus not to have put on the audio controls as standard.

I normally find I use the main controls anyway which are in good locations although the steering wheel buttons allow me to cycle through the radio presets which you cannot do on the main controls on a NAV model without switching to the audio screen.

I normally find I use the main controls anyway which are in good locations although the steering wheel buttons allow me to cycle through the radio presets which you cannot do on the main controls on a NAV model without switching to the audio screen.

I'm exactly the opposite Col - I use the steering wheel controls more or less exclusively.

Would happily disable the nav controls - to stop my missus messing arounf with the stereo! :lol::lol:

I find the volume too slow to react with the steering wheel controls, much easier to reach over and turn the main control.

I don't have your problem Matt as I don't think my missus has been in my car, always use her vehicle when we go out as that one has the child seats in it. :)