Phone & Navigation

Hi,

I have the 2005 SC430 and came with the nav and all.

The phone is great (besides for some of the motorola limitations with bluetooth). A couple questions:

(1) Can I set it so that I can use the dial pad or 1 touch dial feature while the car is in motion?

(2) I often use the GPS to get to places I have never been to. But while I am using the phone that is integrated with the nav system, it won't continue to show the GPS navigation. So I often have to call the person back after I know I have 5 minutes or so of no turns to chat. Any idea on how to have both going?

Thanks.

It would be SO great to have a unit that could be detached from the car so you could practice somewhere else.

Also, it would be great if the software were something like windows so you could GUESS how to operate it and succeed about 95% of the time.

Hi,

I have the 2005 SC430 and came with the nav and all.

The phone is great (besides for some of the motorola limitations with bluetooth).  A couple questions:

(1) Can I set it so that I can use the dial pad or 1 touch dial feature while the car is in motion?

(2) I often use the GPS to get to places I have never been to.  But while I am using the phone that is integrated with the nav system, it won't continue to show the GPS navigation.  So I often have to call the person back after I know I have 5 minutes or so of no turns to chat.  Any idea on how to have both going?

Thanks.

• 9 months later...

How To Enter Map Destinations While Driving

In sequence

Press the Menu button on the dash.

Press the Volume button on the screen.

Press the upper left corner of the screen. (Where the speaker icon is located.)

Press the lower left corner of the screen.

Press the upper left corner of the screen again.

Press the lower left corner of the screen again.

On the screen that appears:

Press the Override button and hold it until you hear a beep. The Override letters turn black in color showing it is deselected.

Press the Back button to get back to the previous screen.

this will let you enter info while driving

• 3 weeks later...
How To Enter Map Destinations While Driving

In sequence

Press the Menu button on the dash.

Press the Volume button on the screen.

Press the upper left corner of the screen. (Where the speaker icon is located.)

Press the lower left corner of the screen.

Press the upper left corner of the screen again.

Press the lower left corner of the screen again.

On the screen that appears:

Press the Override button and hold it until you hear a beep. The Override letters turn black in color showing it is deselected.

Press the Back button to get back to the previous screen.

this will let you enter info while driving

Does this permanently override this feature or do you have to do it every time you start the car?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

zube, where in Jersey are you located exactly? I'm in NYC, how far are you from here? Would you be able to disable the bluetooth dialing safety feature on my new 2006 GS300? How much would it cost me?

Are there any negative side effects to doing this mod? Send me an email if you wish: digg1er@hotmail.com

Thanks!