Mobil1 In A Gs430?

I agree!  The ASL series should be more than fine for our applications.  I just got the Amsoil product guide the other day & for some reason, I thought the 2000 & 3000 series you mentioned said it's for a racing application?   :unsure:   I assume these (2000 & 3000 series) should last the same amount of time as the ASL series?  but I bet it's $3-4 a qt more?  :blink:    If that's the case.....it's starting to get ridiculous now am I right?

Yes, the Asl, ATM, AME etc should be 100% more then what most will need. The Series 2000 (0-30) and Series 3000 are not racing oils. The series 2000 20-50 is a racing oil. Both Series 2000 will have leess viscosity increases if you are worry about it.

Yes, these oils can go just as long, if not longer in some cases. The Series 300 HDD has the best add package Amsoil sells. Do I use it, no since I think there ASL (5w-30) does what I need...1-year drain.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree!  The ASL series should be more than fine for our applications.  I just got the Amsoil product guide the other day & for some reason, I thought the 2000 & 3000 series you mentioned said it's for a racing application?   :unsure:   I assume these (2000 & 3000 series) should last the same amount of time as the ASL series?  but I bet it's $3-4 a qt more?  :blink:    If that's the case.....it's starting to get ridiculous now am I right?

Yes, the Asl, ATM, AME etc should be 100% more then what most will need. The Series 2000 (0-30) and Series 3000 are not racing oils. The series 2000 20-50 is a racing oil. Both Series 2000 will have leess viscosity increases if you are worry about it.

Yes, these oils can go just as long, if not longer in some cases. The Series 300 HDD has the best add package Amsoil sells. Do I use it, no since I think there ASL (5w-30) does what I need...1-year drain.

Thanks mburn......just checking to make sure! B) I'm sticking with the 5w30 ASL series. I don't need the HDD (Heavy duty diesel) 5W30. lol :rolleyes:

:cheers:

Thanks mburn......just checking to make sure! B) I'm sticking with the 5w30 ASL series. I don't need the HDD (Heavy duty diesel) 5W30. lol :rolleyes:

looks like Mobil is trying to step-up to where Amsoil was 30+ years ago and where Mobil itself was about 25 years ago...

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorO...e_Warranty.aspx

looks like Mobil is trying to step-up to where Amsoil was 30+ years ago and where Mobil itself was about 25 years ago...

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorO...e_Warranty.aspx

Intresting article......I assume this 'extended Mobil' is a synthetic oil? If so, I wonder how different it is from the Mobil 1 with super syn? & I wonder why they are coming back with extended drain formulas now when they took them off the market years ago? :unsure::rolleyes:

You know, I cruise a lot of automotive boards - some very diverse ones, and on every one of them there is the Amsoil crowd. Why is that?

They are the first to jump on an oil related topic, trot out all sorts of manufacturers claims, charts, tests, la di dah, all other oils are evil, personal attacks on those who don't "believe", and so on.

It just strikes me as well, funny. Not funny hah-hah, just .....funny. They are kind of.....zealous. As if they once stood on street corners holding a copy of "The Watchtower" but gave that up for "Righteous Lubrication Monthly" instead.

Now don't beat me up tooooo hard. I mean no disrespect, and I will always value the free exchange of opinions and facts, but I just had to say this.

You know, I cruise a lot of automotive boards - some very diverse ones, and on every one of them there is the Amsoil crowd. Why is that?

Maybe that it is a good oil? Hmmm.

They are the first to jump on an oil related topic, trot out all sorts of manufacturers claims, charts, tests, la di dah, all other oils are evil, personal attacks on those who don't "believe", and so on.

First off where is there any personal attacks here? #2 is most people that do not use it or dislike it for two, that is 2 reason I feel. One is there are too cheap or; #2 is un-educated about the fluid. Is Amsoil the best oil out there, NOPE. I repeat no; but, it is a hall of a deal when you weight the benefits of it.

And the last reason is the tests from user, the numbers, do not lie; unlike more info from companies.

It just strikes me as well, funny. Not funny hah-hah, just .....funny. They are kind of.....zealous. As if they once stood on street corners holding a copy of "The Watchtower" but gave that up for "Righteous Lubrication Monthly" instead.

That is funny I feel the same way about Mobil people. Most people think it is the best oil out there. Most times it is because of the price at there local Wal-mart. It is also like Ford Powerstroke peopel with Rotella oil. They think Rotella is a great oil. Sure it is great when compared to a a group oil. It does not stand up to "great" when compared to a 4/5

Now don't beat me up tooooo hard. I mean no disrespect, and I will always value the free exchange of opinions and facts, but I just had to say this.

I would not beat you up since there was “no value added” by the post.