Little Green Light

On a 1992 SC300, could someone please tell me the significance/function of the little round clear plastic light located about 2 inches to the right of the dashlight dimmer knob? I had to disconnect the driver's side door harness to replace the hinge and now this little light is glowing green whenever ignition is on. It's not mentioned in the owner's manual.

Thanks for any help.

rh

On a 1992 SC300, could someone please tell me the significance/function of the little round clear plastic light located about 2 inches to the right of the dashlight dimmer knob?  I had to disconnect the driver's side door harness to replace the hinge and now this little light is glowing green whenever ignition is on.  It's not mentioned in the owner's manual.

Thanks for any help.

rh

I have the same problem on my 93 sc400 the green light is lit up and occasionally a red one lights up and makes a beeping sound. If you find out with this is please let me know. Thanks

On a 1992 SC300, could someone please tell me the significance/function of the little round clear plastic light located about 2 inches to the right of the dashlight dimmer knob?  I had to disconnect the driver's side door harness to replace the hinge and now this little light is glowing green whenever ignition is on.  It's not mentioned in the owner's manual.

Thanks for any help.

rh

I have the same problem on my 93 sc400 the green light is lit up and occasionally a red one lights up and makes a beeping sound. If you find out with this is please let me know. Thanks

[/quote

I have an SC400 that has a green and red light on the inside top of the instrument cluster and on my car, it is the Lexus built-in radar detector. There is an adjustment knob on the underside of the dash to the left side of the steering wheel that regulates the loudness of the chirps when radar is detected.

I have an SC400 that has a green and red light on the inside top of the instrument cluster and on my car, it is the Lexus built-in radar detector. There is an adjustment knob on the underside of the dash to the left side of the steering wheel that regulates the loudness of the chirps when radar is detected.

That's it, rakman! At sometime in this car's life it was "Lexus certified" and the paperwork was included when I purchased it. It shows that a dealer installed radar detector is present. I found the knob a few days ago and by turning it to the middle the light goes off but still didn't know what it was for :)

Thanks!

rh