Heated Seat

camlex

Hello,

This morning, it is cold in Houston. So push heated seat button for me and passanger. My seat warm up and passnger complain that seat is too hot.

My 2001 Jetta has heated seat and all you do is turn nob to 0 to 5.

0 is off and 5 is hot. All i see in lexus is Push bottn for heated seat.

Please guide me how to use these heated seat in 1997 Lexus ES300.

As always, Thanks.

Hello,

This morning, it is cold in Houston. So push heated seat button for me and passanger. My seat warm up and passnger complain that seat is too hot.

My 2001 Jetta has heated seat and all you do is turn nob to 0 to 5.

0 is off and 5 is hot. All i see in lexus is Push bottn for heated seat.

Please guide me how to use these heated seat in 1997 Lexus ES300.

As always, Thanks.

I have an '04 ES330. Like Lexusk8 mentioned, I have a high/low switch. The reason I'm chimming in is because I wish high was hotter than it is. I was wondering whether it was adjustable as well.

Regards

speaking of heated seets

has any one ever converted non heated seets to heated seets. i was pondering doing it but i have never done apulstry work and am kind of afraid to take apart my seets

they sell elements on ebay that could be used

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33701

let me know if any one has done it i would love to know how so i would have the balls to do it myself

You can adapt a unit but it will need a lot of the OEM parts to get the factory installed look. You can also pull a heating element out of a wrecked car that has simular dimensions and "shade-tree engineer" a working unit. It would be better if you could find the same model as yous to become a donor.

I pulled a heating unit out of a 760 Volvo and installed it in a F150. The Volvo was an On/off unit that had a 3 wire connection: ground, power, and overheat sensor. I only used the ground and hot leads and had them wired to a toggle switch. The unit lasted about 3 years before the element burnt out. It was fun while it lasted...

My heated seats in my 97 are not hot at all. I can just notice them getting warm but that's it. 2 years ago before the factory warranty went up, I had the heating elements replaced but the seats don't get hot enough to notice I have Heated Seats. Is this common with all 97-99 models or does my car just have issues.

comon with all older lexus

changing the battery wires can help it did for me

but i also ran new wires to the heaters with a new relay to the oem switches

now it works better than ever but i also have hid's which keep my power consumption down leaving ample amounts left over for the seats

Since you all talking about heated seats. let me ask one more question:

since one seat (passanger) is working , Fuse is ok.

Under driver seat there is lot's of wiring for Power seat,heated seat etc.

How to find heated seat wiring? any coloe code?

Thanks,