Inaccurate Tint Reading On Ticket

blake918

Hahhaa lol :lol: ! This is what I would do...

>$50 fight it

<$50 pay it

You may want to consider making it legal to avoid this type of hassle in the future. Here in MN they are anal about tint. My friend got pulled over and he only has factory tint, it looks dark in certain lighting though. Anyway, good luck with this bud!

A perfect not guilty verdict would be to have an expert witness roster

composed of the person who installed it

a person with a tint measuring meter with photograpghed results preferable in front of a legal witness like a lawyer

a second one with someone else would also guarntee it

but you would have to make this happen asap and prove it is the same tint that was on that night

the easiest thing to disprove the cop is that no company makes 11% tint

so you would need a signed letter on company letter head from a few local tint places stating that

A perfect not guilty verdict would be to have an expert witness roster

composed of the person who installed it

a person with a tint measuring meter with photograpghed results preferable in front of a legal witness like a lawyer

a second one with someone else would also guarntee it

but you would have to make this happen asap and prove it is the same tint that was on that night

the easiest thing to disprove the cop is that no company makes 11% tint

so you would need a signed letter on company letter head from a few local tint places stating that

thats what i told him, there is no such thing as 11%. the only way to get it is to tint over factory, or double layer the film (not adviseable)

blake, when you come back to ft. worth to see me again, ihave a friend who does window tint, has his own shop and everything (i was handing cardsout at the meet). he will do your tint 20% front and 5% rear. then you can say the car was tinted out of state...and prove it.

Hey Blake, man I gotta say your car is waxed to the hilt. I ssee what you mean about the way the sun hits it. The statement made about it raising your insurance isn't true as it is a equipment infraction not a moving violation. I am not much in favor of heavy tints because A) I think they give your car a little too much of an urban look, and B) I think they are very dangerous for police officers. I sure would not want to be a cop and have to walk up to a car with blacked out windows. The job they do is dangerous enough without tints.

Hopefully sooner or later someone will come up with a method to have your cars windows tint down to 2% when parked and then up to a respectable level when running.

I am not even sure how they tint windows but I believe it is some kind of film applied to the inside of windows that can scratch.

Hey Blake,  man I gotta say your car is waxed to the hilt.  I ssee what you mean about the way the sun hits it.  The statement made about it raising your insurance isn't true as it is a equipment infraction not a moving violation.  I am not much in favor of heavy tints because A) I think they give your car a little too much of an urban look, and B) I think they are very dangerous for police officers.  I sure would not want to be a cop and have to walk up to a car with blacked out windows.  The job they do is dangerous enough without tints.

Hopefully sooner or later someone will come up with a method to have your cars windows tint down to 2% when parked and then up to a respectable level when running.

I am not even sure how they tint windows but I believe it is some kind of film applied to the inside of windows that can scratch.

you are correct VBDenny. the film is applied to the inside of thje glas, and it does scratch rather easily.

and i dont think his car is waxed much, hios paint isnt really in all that great of shape on that side either, the passeger side has all new paint though, due to the accident...

You may want to consider making it legal to avoid this type of hassle in the future. 

I am considering it. Ever since the tickect, I feel like every policeman on the road is after me although I really think this ticket was a bit of bad luck since I've had them tinted like this since August of '04. I feel like some sort of wanted fugitive, and I really can't take it anymore; I spend too much time behind the wheel for this. Driving the LS4 used to be enjoyable, but now I'm severly paranoid. I'm going to call my tint guy today to see what it would cost to have the front windows redone so that it comes to 40% in the front instead of just telling him to put the 20% film on there like I did last time.

Hey Blake,  man I gotta say your car is waxed to the hilt.  I ssee what you mean about the way the sun hits it.  The statement made about it raising your insurance isn't true as it is a equipment infraction not a moving violation.  I am not much in favor of heavy tints because A) I think they give your car a little too much of an urban look, and B) I think they are very dangerous for police officers.  I sure would not want to be a cop and have to walk up to a car with blacked out windows.  The job they do is dangerous enough without tints.

Thanks for the compliments. She does photograph well, but the paint needs the attention of either a professional detailer or painter. If you'd see the tint in person, I think you'd like it. It doesn't look as ghetto(my brother says it looks like a mafia car because of the black car and dark tint! lol Hmmm...I could be Tony Soprano; I've got the right build, but I would never drive a crummy Suburban. lmao) as it does in that picture when the car is dirty and the weather is overcast. The trooper had nothing to worry about when he pulled me; I had the window down the second I saw the blue strobe lights to try and avoid this situation. :chairshot:

That's a cool idea about the tint! The tint on my car doesn't affect my day/night driving at all(my eyes aren't the greatest either), but it'd be cool if it could lower to 0% when parked to really protect the interior.

When I had my windows done and I went back to pick-up my car, I watched the guy put some tint on a new E500. He put the film on there, and then, melted it together with a torch. It was interesting; I neverr knew how it was done. He said that job was about $700 because it was some kind of special film. :blink:

You may want to consider making it legal to avoid this type of hassle in the future. 

I am considering it. Ever since the tickect, I feel like every policeman on the road is after me although I really think this ticket was a bit of bad luck since I've had them tinted like this since August of '04. I feel like some sort of wanted fugitive, and I really can't take it anymore; I spend too much time behind the wheel for this. Driving the LS4 used to be enjoyable, but now I'm severly paranoid. I'm going to call my tint guy today to see what it would cost to have the front windows redone so that it comes to 40% in the front instead of just telling him to put the 20% film on there like I did last time.

Thanks for the compliments. She does photograph well, but the paint needs the attention of either a professional detailer or painter. If you'd see the tint in person, I think you'd like it. It doesn't look as ghetto(my brother says it looks like a mafia car because of the black car and dark tint! lol Hmmm...I could be Tony Soprano; I've got the right build, but I would never drive a crummy Suburban. lmao) as it does in that picture when the car is dirty and the weather is overcast. The trooper had nothing to worry about when he pulled me; I had the window down the second I saw the blue strobe lights to try and avoid this situation. :chairshot:

That's a cool idea about the tint! The tint on my car doesn't affect my day/night driving at all(my eyes aren't the greatest either), but it'd be cool if it could lower to 0% when parked to really protect the interior.

When I had my windows done and I went back to pick-up my car, I watched the guy put some tint on a new E500. He put the film on there, and then, melted it together with a torch. It was interesting; I neverr knew how it was done. He said that job was about $700 because it was some kind of special film. :blink:

blake, if you want it redone, and are willing to make the drive, come out here to my guy.

30% is darker than 40%, but not dark enough that a cop would notice it. and if one ever asks, it was tinted in TX. B)

blake, if you want it redone, and are willing to make the drive, come out here to my guy.

30% is darker than 40%, but not dark enough that a cop would notice it.  and if one ever asks, it was tinted in TX. B)

I'd love to come out to Dallas, but I'm good friends with my guy in New Orleans-kinda obligated. If I can't get ahold of him though, I'm there. ;)

30% is darker than 40%, but not dark enough that a cop would notice it.  and if one ever asks, it was tinted in TX. B)

I'd love to come out to Dallas, but I'm good friends with my guy in New Orleans-kinda obligated. If I can't get ahold of him though, I'm there. ;)

cool, say the word and ill set you up man.

Update: I called to get the price for the ticket which is $140. :o While I was home, I went and saw my tint guy, and he said he would strip and retint for $50. B) I'm going to have it corrected and hope for some mercy from the judge! lol