Oil Filter For 1989 Ls400

Wilfred

Wilfred, you have your rear wheels swapped left for right. They are directional - it doesn't make a bunch of difference to the brake cooling on the rear, but it does go to the look of the car. Otherwise, it seems to be a nice unit.

Looks like it is only the rear wheels that are swapped....

I think it is neat that the LS400 dates back to 1989 (some being built in late 1989). Hard to believe a car that advanced (for the time) derived in the 1980s.

My 1990 LS400 was almost made in the 1989 year. It as manufactured in Janaury of 1990. Most likely most, if not all of the car parts were actually made in 1989.

My Pontiac wagon was made in January of 1989. I used to compare the "advances" between the two cars and there was no comparison. The wagon of course dates back to a design introduced in late 1976! :blink: :D (sold as 77's). A design that was built from late 1976 thru mid 1990. :) - this went for all of the full-size GM wagons. 1991 saw a drastic redesign.

Wow thats really observant of you SRK. Thats amazing. I've had the car for 2 weeks and i didn't notice it. Maybe thats why the handelling is weird. Thanks this forum rocks.

Your pontiac comparisson is a classic. In australia, i compare it with the crappy commodores of the time and say this car and that came out at the same time! Unbelievable!.

I took my best friend for a drive today. She didn't believe the car was 15 years old. Even funnier, she said "Woah Its alive!" when we started moving, she didn't hear the engine start or idle! Gotta love the Lexus silence!

Yes, that is what I thought was so grand about my Lexus. The POWERFUL, yet silky smooth and very quiet engine. Unbelievable.

We could compare them to a 1989 Yugo. :lol: I think 89' was the last year for the Yugo in the USA..... :unsure:

(thank goodness!) :D

Your pontiac comparisson is a classic. In australia, i compare it with the crappy commodores of the time and say this car and that came out at the same time! Unbelievable!.

I took my best friend for a drive today. She didn't believe the car was 15 years old. Even funnier, she said "Woah Its alive!" when we started moving, she didn't hear the engine start or idle! Gotta love the Lexus silence!

ha, one time I had to give someone a ride someplace, they got in the car and said "new car, eh?" me: "yeah, we just bought it." them: "but it's brand new, right?" :blink:

Even so, I don't think the exterior styling of the LS400 has aged as gracefully as the BMW 5-series of the same era.

bmw_m5341.jpg

jjaymes%20frontqtr2%20car.JPG

e34 5 series