Knocking Noise In Pr When Making A Turn

asian_warrior

I've read the posts about the noise in the struts with the RX300 - has anyone experienced the same with '04 RX? Mine makes this knocking sound only when I take a right turn which is inclined at more than 45 degrees.

I've taken it to the dealer repeatedly and they've been unable to reproduce the problem till date - the problem is reproducible only at my office which is about 15 miles from the dealer and they've not yet offered to come over with me to check it out....

I just got the car back after asking them to take a look and see whether they can figure out what's happening and they had to change out the rear right strut because it had cracked. I know the knocking noise is not good and maybe this caused the cracking but noise is back again :wacko:

Any help would be appreciated.

I've read the posts about the noise in the struts with the RX300 - has anyone experienced the same with '04 RX? Mine makes this knocking sound only when I take a right turn which is inclined at more than 45 degrees.

I've taken it to the dealer repeatedly and they've been unable to reproduce the problem till date - the problem is reproducible only at my office which is about 15 miles from the dealer and they've not yet offered to come over with me to check it out....

I just got the car back after asking them to take a look and see whether they can figure out what's happening and they had to change out the rear right strut because it had cracked. I know the knocking noise is not good and maybe this caused the cracking but noise is back again  :wacko:

Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem on my RX330 as well. I took it in at least 4 times regarding this problem. They said that they had a TSB on it and applied it already. However, it keeps coming back. I even took the car for a drive with the head technician and this is what he tried to say to me. "All parts are made differently. Sometimes when it's a millimeter off, it will make that sound. We'll try our best, but all we can do is keep going in there and lubricating the bushing." In short, I believe that he's trying to put it nicely to me that, it's tuff I got a bad one. At least he could've told me honestly that Lexus or himself could not fix the problem. At least I would have taken his word.

Next time when you take the car in, get the technician in there, and drive to your workplace. Mine does it everytime when I back out of my driveway. Good Luck.

Mine 04 RX330 has experienced the same problem and it took me 3 times to the dealer and now finally fixed it. This is what they did:

Remove panels-insulated and adjusted the stricker. They told me it was the stricker for the real power door which make the cracking noise. After they adjusted it and add lub. now the noise is gone.

Hope is helpful for you guys.