2002 Es300 Subwoofer Installation

Hello to all,

I recently eBay-ed a Kenwood KAC-629S 350w amp, along with a 10" MTX bandpass boxed subwoofer. Now its the installation that is on my mind. My car is all stock, so this is my first attempt at ICE. I would like to know if there are any more equipment I need and/or required wires. Professional installation is probably the best alternative for me, but budget's been pretty tight. Anyone with any ideas for installation?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

As someone who has installed many audio systems for the past few years...here is the quickest and sure-fire way to install the set up without buying a new head unit...

Get an 8 guage amp kit (comes with fuses, power/ground wires, connectors, good ones have the rca cables and battery taps included)

You will need to run a 22 guage "remote turn-on wire" from your fuse panel box up front to the amplifier turn-on terminal located on the amp.

Get a "line output converter" and tap into the rear speakers in the back by either crimping or soldering. Run the RCA cables from the Line converter to the amplifier.

Then the amplifier to the sub.

Purchase some standard speaker wire for amp to sub box.

This should cost you no more than $100 for an excellent quality installation kit and line output converter as well as about an hour or so of installation. good luck!

btw..this is the cheapest and easiest way of installing your set up. make sure you bridge the amp if it is a 2 channel becuase you will need to if it is only 350 watts and 1 10"

Hello to all,

I recently eBay-ed a Kenwood KAC-629S 350w amp, along with a 10" MTX bandpass boxed subwoofer.  Now its the installation that is on my mind.  My car is all stock, so this is my first attempt at ICE.  I would like to know if there are any more equipment I need and/or required wires.  Professional installation is probably the best alternative for me, but budget's been pretty tight.  Anyone with any ideas for installation?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

• 3 weeks later...

hey there, i noticed u talked about the sub install and wanted to ask u few questions

first, you said to run "remote turn on and tap it to the fuse box" where do u tap it though? for it to turn on every time u turn on the radio.

also you said to connect line ouput converter to rear speakers, but in my 97 es300 they are in doors, do i connect the line output converter near the head unit then ? and run rca's from there? or there is way to find rear speaker wires w/o too much trouble?

do i have to remove the seats to run the wires to the back? or it can be done w/o picking them up?

is there a hole in firewall where you can easily pass the wires w/o drilling?

and last, would i need any sound deadner? or lexus is pretty solid and does not make vibrating noises

thanx a lot

hope to hear your sugestions

Ilya