Dual Keyless Remote Possible?

splitsec002

Hey everyone I was wondering if it was possible to have two remotes for the Lx450 alarm? I lost mine recently and bought one from ebay and thanks to the users on here I programmed it and it works great. However I was hoping to buy another remote and program it as well but I didn't know if I could have two at the same time.

I guess what I'm wondering is, is when you program the alarm, are you programming the remote, or the unit? If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

the keys that lexus give you have a transponder chip inside of the key so that it can recognize that that is really the key starting it, but if you ask your lexus dealer, i'm sure they have extra alarm remote you can purchase. i'm not so sure about the programming though, you might want to ask them

the keys that lexus give you have a transponder chip inside of the key so that it can recognize that that is really the key starting it, but if you ask your lexus dealer, i'm sure they have extra alarm remote you can purchase. i'm not so sure about the programming though, you might want to ask them

Actually I don't want to purchase a key with an alarm. Just the remote. The older 1997 lx450 didn't have key with alarm, its a seperate unit. And Lexus wants to charge 200+80 for remote+installation. They are crazy. I bought and programmed one myself for 35 bucks. But I wanted to know if I could have two. One for me and one for my wife.

splitsec002,

I am getting ready to do the same thing as you. Actually, according to the alarm manual, you can program up to 4 of the remote key fobs. I searched sleeoffroad.com and found the alarm manual posted under the following link. http://www.sleeoffroad.com/technical/tz_alarm_manual.htm

Pull it up and select RS3200 Owners guide. Select open to open file. Double click on the folder and keep double clicking on the single folders until you get to the 27 pages listed. Then click on 'page 23 of 27'. That should do it. I havent done it yet, but according to the various threads from this site and i8mud.com, all the info was consistent on how to do it.

Good Luck.....Hope it helps!

Chip