State Of The Aftermarket:

Lexusfreak

Another good article as usual LF :cheers: . Damn that's a lot of money poured into the aftermarket business :o . I love the examples they gave, haha. Guess society isn't practical as a whole. Oh well, I'm no better, but at least I have sense in knowing that buying 20" wheels and a huge spoiler isn't going to help my Lexus. I'm going to try to stick with OEM products for quality reasons :) .

Another good article as usual LF  :cheers: .  Damn that's a lot of money poured into the aftermarket business  :o .  I love the examples they gave, haha.  Guess society isn't practical as a whole.  Oh well, I'm no better, but at least I have sense in knowing that buying 20" wheels and a huge spoiler isn't going to help my Lexus.  I'm going to try to stick with OEM products for quality reasons  :) .

Agreed vcv B) I only do minor mods like K & N filters, tint......I prefer to keep the car mostly stock myself. But that ALOT of cash! :blink: No wonder the automakers want to get in on it.

:cheers:

you have to also realize

sema is inclusive of aftermarket products that are not only HP related things

like regular headlight bulbs tires and replacement air and oil filter and other normal stuff of that nature

so napa goodyear and other ordinary parts are included in that gross figure

you have to also realize

sema is inclusive of aftermarket products that are not only HP related things

like regular headlight bulbs tires and replacement air and oil filter and other normal stuff of that nature

so napa goodyear and other ordinary parts are included in that gross figure

Very true sk......the article didn't knock the entire aftermarket industry, just recommends people to be cautious when doing certain mods. B)

:cheers:

SEMA covers practically everything that doesn't come from the factory. Even some things that do, but being reproduced. As SK said, they aren't just about HP, hell they aren't even only cars. There's multiple divisions of SEMA that cover all vehicles. Hot Rods, Muscle, Imports/Sport Compacts, Trucks. Everything. Joining SEMA was the best thing that I could've done.

That article actually angers me a bit. IMO they blur the line between someone that doesn't know a damn thing about aftermarket modifications, and someone that wants to make something out of their car... Atleast they acknowledge the difference. I think adding aftermarket parts to your vehicle is half of what being a car guy is all about. I suppose it's just an article, and there's nothing to really be upset about. I'm just too defensive!! :cries:

;)