Help With Seating Memory

Adam8g

Hey there everyone.

Have a problem that I hope has a simple solution.

My 96 LS400 driver side seating memory works intermittingly with the steering column.

For example – when I turn off the car, the steering wheel may move up.

When I put the key in – the steering wheel MAY come back to the preset position.

If not, I will push the memory button, and it MAY move some or all the way to where it belongs.

Often time I need to press the button repeatedly – each time the wheel advancing a bit, or even going the wrong way.

The seat and mirrors are no problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanking everyone ahead of tiime.

That's interesting...My telescopic memory feature is buggy as well. Sometimes it will return to the last position on startup, sometimes it won't. I just resorted to turning the auto feature off :(

I can't imagine why the seating memory would affect the telescopic position, but what do I know. I lost seat memory when I replaced the driver seat with one in better physical condition. My telescopic memory was buggy before the seat swap though.

I'll look through my service documentation to see if the seat and steering memories are connected in anyway.

That's interesting...My telescopic memory feature is buggy as well. Sometimes it will return to the last position on startup, sometimes it won't. I just resorted to turning the auto feature off :(

I can't imagine why the seating memory would affect the telescopic position, but what do I know. I lost seat memory when I replaced the driver seat with one in better physical condition. My telescopic memory was buggy before the seat swap though.

I'll look through my service documentation to see if the seat and steering memories are connected in anyway.

Ok guys...I don't believe there is a connection between the seats and the steering memories....here is the link to the steering issue. Good luck !http://www.clublexus.com/index.php/article/articleview/2077/1/41

Holy smokes, that's some complicated problem?!?!

Obviously, that's a little sarcasm, but I can't wait to get out to my whip to see if that's the culprit! Even though mine's a '91, I guess the problem could be similar. It never occurred to me that a lack of slack in the wiring could be the reason.

Thanks for the link lexusing!

:cheers: