2 Rack And Pinion Options?

ArmyofOne

• 4 weeks later...

I am also trying to determine the type of rack and pinion in my LS400 before I buy the wrong one. I've been looking around the net for a few days and no luck.

I found out at autozone also that there are two types. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

I am also trying to determine the type of rack and pinion in my LS400 before I buy the wrong one. I've been looking around the net for a few days and no luck.

I found out at autozone also that there are two types. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

I found out ALL lexus vehicles have the electronic variable steering. i have had mine replaced for a week and a half now.

I found out ALL lexus vehicles have the electronic variable steering. i have had mine replaced for a week and a half now.

Thanks, I'll order mine today then. Did you do the repairs yourself and if so how did it go?

Thanks, I'll order mine today then. Did you do the repairs yourself and if so how did it go?

i didnt do it. i dont have time. JP Importz did all the work for me. labor ran $723 for the R&P and the Ball Joint replacement. do replace them too, as the car will be apart anyways.