Hi! I Need Your Help Please!

ralfi

Hi guys.

My name is ralf and i´m from germany. Please excuse my bad english! :whistles:

I´m looking for some black headlights for my IS 200.

My Lex has already xenon lights, so i´m just looking for the black light-body without the bulbs.

I hope you were able to unterstand my prob and you can help me!

Thanks a lot!

Btw: this is my baby!!

DSC00030.JPG

DSC00013.JPG

The ones I know of were taken apart, and coated by some individuals.  Not sure about any commercial ones.  Have you checked Ebay?

whats the difference between an IS20 and the 300 we have here int he states?

Mainly the smaller engine, and the Eurospec required stuff, I think.

http://www.lexus.co.uk/specification.php?m...a=specification

ralf,

here is a link for you.

www.l-tunedparts.com

I linked it right to the black headlight page.

This is a subsidiary of Carson Toyota/Lexus in LA. I don't know if the IS300 lights will fit an IS200 as that model is not here in the US. Secondly I don't know what is needed to get them shipped from Japan to the US then to Germany. You might be able to talk to them at l-tunedparts and discuss how to get them from Japan to Germany.

you can email Steve (the man at l-tunedparts.com that would know) at gonzo4u@earthlink.net

I hope this helps.

ps, wicked nice looking car.

steviej

The ones I know of were taken apart, and coated by some individuals.  Not sure about any commercial ones.  Have you checked Ebay?

whats the difference between an IS20 and the 300 we have here int he states?

IS200 is a 4 banger & very popular in Europe because of the very high fuel prices. ;)

Ralf, VERY nice looking ride!! Welcome to the club! B)

:cheers:

Thank you for your help

the european is 200 is also 6 cylinder but only with 155 hp (stock). it has a manuel 6 shift gear box.

In europe the is300 is only available with automatic.

but i have still one question: why are the turn lights on the photos orange?? In europe, from 2002 on, the IS has got clear turn lights without the orange stripe.

is this different in the us??

Thank you for your help

the european is 200 is also 6 cylinder but only with 155 hp (stock). it has a manuel 6 shift gear box.

In europe the is300 is only available with automatic.

but i have still one question: why are the turn lights on the photos orange?? In europe, from 2002 on, the IS has got clear turn lights without the orange stripe.

is this different in the us??

US cars have had amber front turn signals (and parking lights) since 1963. The rear turn signals can be either red or amber. Some people put clear lenses on their US cars, but with yellow blubs, so their cars will look more "JDM" or "Eurospec". US side markers are yellow for the front and red for the rear.

Some people will also put clear side marker lenses, but must use red or yellow bulbs, again to stay legal.

Just to point out - in the UK, the IS300 only has clear turn lights, the IS200 still has the orange strips. And we still have to have a amber bulbs.....

• 2 months later...
Clear Turnlights = HID

Amber Turnlights = no HID

:chairshot: Nice smilies :)

All new IS have smoked out lights. They can be ordered from German dealership.

But me thinks he is searching for black.

wow sehr schoenes auto, ich hab mir erst diese woche einen schwarzen gekauft!

liebe sie (lexus) ueber alles!