T5 Turbo

Hi, I was thinking about getting a T5 turbo for my GS400, I was just wondering though if that turbo would be too big for my engine and would that be too dangerous? I'm afraid that if the T5 is too big then it is going to blow my motor. If that T5 is too big, then I'm going to have to settle for the T3 turbo. So I was just wondering if the T5 would be too powerful for my GS400. Thank You!

should not be too big. they even have t5 turbo in some volvo 2.5 liter inline 5 cylinder engines. and it depends on how much boost u run. if u run 7 pounds of boost it shouldnt be too much power. i have heard of people turboing ur same engine to over 1,000 hp. strong engine block and a t5 should still spool up pretty quickly

should not be too big. they even have t5 turbo in some volvo 2.5 liter inline 5 cylinder engines. and it depends on how much boost u run. if u run 7 pounds of boost it shouldnt be too much power. i have heard of people turboing ur same engine to over 1,000 hp. strong engine block and a t5 should still spool up pretty quickly

Well thankz for the info. i will put that into consideration then.

I would personally use a supercharger, with a stage II pulley.

Since your car is automatic, the constant power from a supercharger maybe better then that of a turbo. Have you ever driven an automatic turbocharged car? once it feels like shifting, your rpms/boost drop and its horrible. power drops like a rock.

mind you yours is a v8 so it should not be that bad. still a SC is less work to install, even though it may cost more. your car may need twin turbos unless your somehow going to get one to work with both cylinder banks.