Winter Driving - Gs300

I have been a loyal Lexus consumer for many years now and love my GS300 (2nd one). I am moving from florida to michigan and am concerned about driving and safety in wintery conditions. I would appreciate input from other GS300 drivers. Thank you!

I have been a loyal Lexus consumer for many years now and love my GS300 (2nd one).  I am moving from florida to michigan and am concerned about driving and safety in wintery conditions.  I would appreciate input from other GS300 drivers.  Thank you!

:wacko: maybe try the gs place?

Not sure how much experence you have with winter driving (if you have lived in Florida all your life or not), but I would suggest several things......a really good set of winter tires or the VERY best all season tire you can get. Next, if your unfamiliar driving in snow & ice, take a 'professional' winter driving course to learn especially on your RWD GS. Failing that, consider trading your RWD Lexus in for an ES or AWD RX (or perhaps a 2006 AWD GS). B)

:cheers:

If you're not used to driving in the snow (and why would you be, having lived in FL) especially in a RWD car like the GS you MUST get some instruction. There are quick one day driving courses in skid cars that can simulate loss of traction conditions and really teach you a lot. The GS is a disaster in the snow without snow tires, they'll be neccisary in Michigan. It should be great with snows though.

I drove my GS400 this winter in Minnesota twice, and i have just kept the car in the garage. 1- the salt will kill your paint. 2- if it's nothing but snow on the ground, your car wont go anywhere. so my suggestion is to not drive as much as possible, if u really did need to drive, then drive very slowly, even with abs, you will have a very hard time stopping, and you will have a very hard time accelerating, so keep those things in mind. good luck with that and watch out for curbs, i've hit many. :whistles: