Gx 470 Droning At 70 Mph

bruceerikson

I have a 2004 with 2000 miles and at 70 MPH and 2000 RPM, under power, not coasting, the engine drones and the droning gets louder as the speed increases.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks. :(

by droning, do you mean a hum? or something that sounds liek a low bassline on a subwoofer?

my car ahs that low bassline sound, and it turns out i have a leak in my flexpipe thats causing it.

I have a 2004 with 2000 miles and at 70 MPH and 2000 RPM, under power, not coasting, the engine drones and the droning gets louder as the speed increases.

please describe more. It may be a new thing, or could be one of the following:

1. vibration (around 65-70 at 1800-2200rpm)

2. clunk (might not be this, but it's the feeling of a "rear end hit" from the rear driveshaft at a stoplight)

and many more..... but not related to this.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

please describe more. It may be a new thing, or could be one of the following:

1. vibration (around 65-70 at 1800-2200rpm)

2. clunk (might not be this, but it's the feeling of a "rear end hit" from the rear driveshaft at a stoplight)

and many more..... but not related to this.

So if it is more of a vibration around 65-70, what would you think the problem might be?

• 6 months later...
The vibration is attached for all, I had the similar problem, and the differential dampers solved the issue. Hoping it does for you'll.

Mann,

I feel the same vibration 70mph, I don;t think I have any warranty but according the doc you attached, I am below 70000 miles and 72 months from MFGdate.

so, what should I do? can I just take it to any lexus dealer to have it fixed for free?

Or do I have to pay for it, how much does it cost if so?

Thanks

The vibration TSB is attached for all, I had the similar problem, and the differential dampers solved the issue. Hoping it does for you'll.

Mann,

I have a 2007 gx 470 with 62k miles do you think I should have this done before warranty runs out, I feel a little vibration at 70 mph?

Thanks

Bob

The fact is that this noise irritates back of your head, when you actually want it all quiet. Now coming to the job aspect, it is a long drawn job, I suggest Bob you with warranty, take this TSB and have it done, as it is the labour expensive, the parts are cheap.

Ramana I think you contact the Lexus advisor if you dont have one, that is the best option, Second best doing yourself, if you have all the required tools.

iI know exactly what you mean..at first i thought it was the bearings, then maybe tires, they i though belts...then i lived with it...then i happened to have driveline greased a few weeks ago. Asked the mechanic to force enough grease in there to push old out....drone is gone...who knew?