President Bush Get A New Ride!

Lexusfreak

January 18, 2005

New Presidential limousine reveals 2006 Cadillac DTS design

Washington, D.C. - The jet-black Cadillac DTS limousine that will roll through the nation's capital during the Presidential Inaugural Parade, will reveal publicly for the first time the new design direction for the 2006 Cadillac DTS production model.

George W. Bush will be the first to travel in the new Cadillac DTS limousine during the parade route along Pennsylvania Avenue on Thursday, January 20th. The sight of the president waving from a Cadillac has become an American tradition.

"General Motors and Cadillac are proud to write this latest chapter in American automotive history with the introduction of the DTS presidential limousine," said General Motors Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner. "We are pleased that our historic relationship with the U.S. government and chief executive office has continued through the years."

With a new design and unique construction under the skin, the new Cadillac DTS limousine is handcrafted and dressed in a jet-black clearcoat finish. The vehicle is a considerably longer, wider and taller version of the production model that becomes available later this year. To maintain national security, the limousines are equipped with state-of-the-art protection and communication systems.

The vehicle interior boasts six-passenger seating with comfort and visibility for all occupants. A rear seat executive package features a concealed, foldaway desktop that can be deployed when conducting affairs of state. The rear seats have an adjustable reclining feature along with the adaptive seat system, which senses the position of the occupant in the seat and automatically adjusts the cushion for added comfort. Moreover, rear seat passengers can enjoy their own premium sound system complete with a 10-disc CD changer. Wood accents, rich blue leather and cloth complete the executive interior.

An embroidered presidential seal is positioned in the centre of the rear seat back panel, as well as on each rear door trim panel. Presidential seals are also affixed to the exterior rear doors. The U.S. flag is placed on the right front fender, and the presidential standard is located on the left front fender when the president travels in the vehicle. Flush-mounted High Intensity Discharged (HID) spotlights illuminate the flags at night.

The 2006 Cadillac DTS production model is set to make its first public appearance at the Chicago Auto Show in early February.

:cheers:

Speaking of limos, has there ever been a Lexus limo? I saw once in a commerical of a GS400 (most likely a 400) that was in limo form, but I doubt that was an actual vehicle. Looked interesting though.

As always though, LF always has interesting articles posted. :)

Of course they have to buy an American made car.  :)

Would we just die if the President showed up in a Lexus LS430 limo? :blink::ph34r: :D :lol:

Glad my articles are well liked vcv ......I hope most of them anyways lol. ;) :ph34r: B)

I just wish I could post the damn pics of the car lol. :whistles:

Sure, I've seen GS limos, LS limos and an ES limo once.

Thing is Lexuses don't make very good limos because they're not body on frame, thats why most limos you see nowadays are Lincoln Town Cars or SUVs, they're cheaper to stretch than a unibody car like a Lexus.

Thing is Lexuses don't make very good limos because they're not body on frame, thats why most limos you see nowadays are Lincoln Town Cars or SUVs, they're cheaper to stretch than a unibody car like a Lexus.

Deville DTS is FWD & unibody. ;)

Wow, an ES limo sounds very very rare compared to an GS or LS limo, which are rare IMO (your Steve generation? or older?). I have never seen a Lexus limo in person, but I would sure like to ride in one :D . Makes sense why it's easier to stretch Lincoln/suvs than a unibody.

LF,

Yup your articles are well liked. :cheers:

Blake- I know that lol. Thats why the presidential limo isn't actually a Deville, the frame/drivetrain/passenger compartment are fully designed and built by the secret service and Cadillac just melds the front and rear ends on. Think about it, you don't see nearly as many Cadillac limos as you used to when the RWD/full frame Fleetwood was around.

I've been watching it, not bad. The big grille looks strange...

I like the big grill actually! lol They watered down the CTS theme quite nicely, and I just saw the rear, and it is very simple but nice looking. But, who knows how it'll look in person. When's it supposed to get to dealers?

I think I saw a few of the out going limos driving in the parade too. lol Fleetwood...ewwww. Now that I think about it, the only Caddy limo types I've seen lately are stretched, 6 door cars. They showed a small collection of new Town Cars in the parade that looked great with their big chrome grills sparkling. B) GWB's car should wear Lincoln clothes instead of Caddy! lol :D

I wonder if it rides poorly? I'm curious if they have the suspension tuned like a M3(with engine output to match) in case it has to do some quick maneuvering--rough ride.

I really like the rear. The grille looks fine from the front (kind of like the LS430 actually) but from the side it looked strange.

As for the ride I'm sure it rides great, take a look at the tires they're HUGE! Plus it weighs several tons so I'm sure that helps in the ride department.

Supposedly that wasn't the official new car as it wasn't completed in time, it was the old car with the new front and rear ends added on.

As for Lincolns, the Presidential limo used to always be a Lincoln until I think Bush Sr or Clinton when they went with a Cadillac because of their "better" reputation.

See how thick the doors are on the Presidents ride? DAMN!!! :blink: I watched a show on A&E or TLC or something & most of the 'special stuff' on the presidents motorcade is classified, but I think it can withstand an armor peircing tank round......the thing is like a bank vault on wheels.....they wouldn't even comment on the type of tires (hey I wonder if their Toyo's? ;) ) but the stuff they were able to share was very intresting. B)

See how thick the doors are on the Presidents ride?  DAMN!!!  :blink:  I watched a show on A&E or TLC or something & most of the 'special stuff' on the presidents motorcade is classified, but I think it can withstand an armor peircing tank round......the thing is like a bank vault on wheels.....they wouldn't even comment on the type of tires (hey I wonder if their Toyo's?  ;)  ) but the stuff they were able to share was very intresting.  B)

Don't know about this car, but we had a joint development project with Mercedes for diplomatic limo runflat tires.

Yeah I did think it looked a little bit like an Escalade. I think a lot of that is because its so huge though, the actual car will be MUCH shorter.

What I found funny about that article lol, the Canadian Prime Minister has a...Chevy Impala?!?! Thats kinda pathetic ;)

As for the ride I'm sure it rides great, take a look at the tires they're HUGE! Plus it weighs several tons so I'm sure that helps in the ride department.

Supposedly that wasn't the official new car as it wasn't completed in time, it was the old car with the new front and rear ends added on.

You're right they are huge, but I'm sure they're runflats with sidewalls harder than anything on the consumer market. I was thinking more of how does it handle. They design it to take a small nuclear attack, but what would happen if someone tries to pull an attack in a car? Would the DTS be able to run away? I found a write-up on the previous limo; the writer said it's rummored that the engine is based on a GM 502cid marine V8! Just a hypothetical question....

That's very interesting!!...where did you hear that? I think the rear looks really nice, but I think it'd look even better without that chrome strip at the bottom. The roof they have on the limo is something else...I bet the headroom is great! lol

The only leader that drives a real car for a president is the leader of Brazil with the Rolls. B) I didn't even know they still made Peugeots! :lol:

Yeah I did think it looked a little bit like an Escalade. I think a lot of that is because its so huge though, the actual car will be MUCH shorter.

What I found funny about that article lol, the Canadian Prime Minister has a...Chevy Impala?!?! Thats kinda pathetic ;)

lol sw, I agree! like what is that? :blink: I'd actually put our PM to shame if I ever me the guy if I showed up in my Lexus! :lol::rolleyes: They use to drive a Roadmaster several years back! ;) (or Roadmonster.....take your pick). I guess our government wanted a 'Canadian built' vehicle.........if that's the case, at least get the new Chrysler 300C with the Hemi! :whistles:

blake- I'm sure it rides well, so much has gone into designing the car that we don't even have access to lol

As for the tires, I heard nefore that they aren't runflats but they've got some sort of solid interior built into them that can be driven on with flats. It can probably be driven with a lot of percision but probably only by people trained to drive it. As for the roof I wouldn't be so sure about the headroom, the roof is probably a foot thick!

blake- I'm sure it rides well, so much has gone into designing the car that we don't even have access to lol

I don't doub that! I wonder what she does through the slalom?? :lol:

As for the roof I wouldn't be so sure about the headroom, the roof is probably a foot thick!

I was just being facetious. ;) I wish they'd share more info on the car, but I can understand why they don't. :whistles:

I'll always remember the episode of the West Wing where the president gets shot at and they yell at the drivers "GW and step on it!" and they pull the perfect 180 in the limo on memorial bridge lol

I think the licence plate is USA 1 is it not? B) ;) & think our PM's licence plate is LOSER! lol ;) :whistles: Geez, with all the taxes us Canadians.....can we get the man a 'proper' vehicle!? I'd die if they got him a smart car! :blink: