Removed Orange Insert But Still Doesnt Seem Clear

azmalu

http://hometown.aol.com/seanmcelligott/

According to this there is only one insert to pull out.

http://www.geocities.com/azmalu/amber.jpg

Why would the light still look amber. I replaced bulb with a Sylvania bulb that has like a iradescent finish.

Also Im not concerned about street legal but what brand or model is typically the most bright white/blue available for headlight replacement. Also is the headlight bulb 9005 or 9006 (9005 is closer to inside) 94 es

Do you mean why is the light still amber when it is lit??

If so, it's because the Sylvania bulb with the iridescent finish still glows amber when it is lit. It is only silver when the light is off. They did this so that your car is still street legal, but you don't see the yellow bulb when the light is off.

Tom

• 5 weeks later...
Do you mean why is the light still amber when it is lit??

If so, it's because the Sylvania bulb with the iridescent finish still glows amber when it is lit.  It is only silver when the light is off.  They did this so that your car is still street legal, but you don't see the yellow bulb when the light is off.

Tom

Sorry I was just asking about turn signals. it was night when I put the bulbs now in the day time I can see the difference because for the bulbs to be street legal I guess they have to be white like you were saying. I used to have a maxima and after got clear corners I started using a Polarg bulb that was just bright white.....