Cd Changer Error 14

Can anyone tell me what that code means?? I put my magazine in, it unloads all of the discs, and then the error comes up and nothing happens. I have to turn the car off in order to get the magazine out. 1995 LS400 with standard, "premium sound" Pioneer stereo.

first check all the 3 fuses that are in the sound system. if fuses ok then it means either the laser is out or the spindle motor doesant work. the changer is 10 years old. it needs refurbished . you would have to decide between refurbuished for 375.00 or a used working changer for 250.00.

• 2 months later...

I have a similar problem on my 90 LS400 Pioneer, but I only get a "err" error message. It will play sometimes but mostly not. When it doesn't play, the changer does 2 series of rapid clicking, then err.

It used to be that I could eject the magazine, re-insert it and it would play, now I'm lucky if I can get it to play. But when it does, it will play even if I turn of the car and come back later. When the CD is finished and trys to load the next, clicking - err.

What is involved with refurbishing? I've removed the changer to have a look but nothing stood out as needing attention.

Blake918, what did you end up doing?

• 3 weeks later...
Blake918, what did you end up doing?

Nothing just yet!! I can't decide on if I want to go the used or refurbished route. Used is around $200(ebay and junk yards) and a rebuild is about $400 from carstereohelp.com (I'm not sure what Pioneersbuy charges). I can't even get the darn thing out of its golve box, so that's step one for me! :blushing: I'm in the process of getting a Nokia Cark 91h install underway-I'm tracking down the parts now-the 91h itself should be here in about a week and a half-2 weeks, and I plan to have a working rendition of Jim's(1990LS400) setup with the integrated window antenna and auto mute on the stereo by the end of this month. B)

:cheers: