Just Got My Talladega Tickets

silvermate

hey guys, i just got my NASCAR Talladega Superspeedway tickets for the spring race........i've never been to a NASCAR race before and i'm pumped up.

it is a package i got from a local travel agency

and it includes:

tickets to the busch series and Cup races

Round trip luxury motorcoach travel to and from little rock and to and from the races

breakfast and lunch provided each day.

3 nights and 4 days accomodations.

sovenir program

pit passes for both races

and hospitality pass

man i'm really exited, its gonna be my g/f as well as another couple we are friends with that will be going.

just wanted to share, man i'm pumped up, its gonna be a blast.

have any of you guys ever been to a nascar race b/f, i heard it was unbeleiveable.

Cool! You will love it.

My dad does business with MeadWestvaco Coated Papers and they sponsor Rusty Wallace so I've been to several races. I've been to Dover and I've been to Bristol. In Dover they have a sky suite and in Bristol they have the normal bleacher seats. Bleachers are much better, its just not the same up in the box when you have to wear business casual attire and hob knob with all his clients and business contacts lol Nascar is supposed to be watched in a T shirt while drinking a beer.

Actually a funny story, the first race we went to was 4 years or so ago. We'd never been and we were going to Dover. Well, we wore the polo shirts and slacks according to the dress code and we went in his LS. Well, we got there and we had VIP parking. Well normal parking was nice and paved...VIP parking was a mudhole LOL. He almost got the car totally stuck and we had to tiptoe in our dress shoes to the sidewalk. When we got there everyone else kept looking at us like we were aliens or something. So, don't go and watch in a sky suite and don't drive the Lexus LOL.

You'll have a great time!

Bleachers are much better, its just not the same up in the box when you have to wear business casual attire and hob knob with all his clients and business contacts lol Nascar is supposed to be watched in a T shirt while drinking a beer.

LOL, that hilarious.........and i planned on my wearing one of my usual 3 button polos, guess i'll reconsider :lol:

thats a funny story, thanks for sharing..........yeah its gonna be fun, i guess i'll have to get a racing polo or somehting, i'm just not much in to T-shirts. but what the hey, its NASCAR, heck i work on my car in a polo, isn't that odd :whistles:

the Ls isn't going as we are traveling via motorcoach from Little rock, even better so i get to put back a few......... might even brink my mullet wig :lol:

can't wait to hear and see those cars coming by at 200 mph with 800 hp: acutally about 650 with the restrictor plate.

I'm the same way, I never wear T shirts I look like some sort of homeless guy in them LOL. As long as you dress casually with the polo you'll be fine, we were in slacks and dress shoes, makes a difference lol.

The sound is unbelievable. If you really get into it you have to go do the Richard Petty driving experience and go drive one...

for sure........

yeah i heard it was amazing, i honestly can't wait

yeah i've been wanting to do that richard petty thing for a couple of years now, but man its just hard for me to find time to do anyting like that, i'm so busy at the office..and when i do get to leave its usually a vacation to vegas or the beach somewhere. somewhere my G/F and or family like to go

i mean the race isn't until the end of april and i'm already having to reschedule meetings and appointments with me clients in dadgum January.........i just get so overwhealmed sometimes, but hey thats why i'm going to the races, get hammy and watch all hell break loose under the hoods of those cars. :blink:

My sister and her husband are going this year as well. She already asked me to babysit. LOL :D My sister loves nascar and this will be the first race that she attended. She is so excited.

Which driver are you voting for?

We are Dale Jr. fans. :cheers:

My sister and her husband are going this year as well. She already asked me to babysit. LOL  My sister loves nascar and this will be the first race that she attended. She is so excited.

Which driver are you voting for?

We are Dale Jr. fans.

cool deal........its gonna be fun

i'm a Michael Waltrip fan, but i like Jr. too.

You need to buy a race scanner and pick up the frequencies of all the drivers. If you don't want to buy one they rent them there already all programmed. You can pick up each drivers frequency and listen in on them as they talk to their pit crews.

You need to buy a race scanner and pick up the frequencies of all the drivers. If you don't want to buy one they rent them there already all programmed. You can pick up each drivers frequency and listen in on them as they talk to their pit crews.

yeah a co-worker of mine has one, he goes to bristol every year so he's letting me borrow it to use for Talladega. good call

It will be great. I've been to Dover a few times when my buddies and I rented a big ole class A motorhome. I have also been to Richmond several times, Watkins Glen a couple times and Pocono once (the first race there). It is a blast. Last year I went to Lowe's in Concord (Charolotte) and did the Richard Petty Driving Experience which was just about the coolest thing I have ever done.

I don't really have a favorite driver because they are all really cool. I guess it would have to be Ryan Newman, Dale Jr. Rusty, Michael Waltrip, Tony Stewart, Mark Martin, and Jamie McMurray if I had to choose. Nicest people on earth attend Cup races.

Heya silvermate,

Congrats of the Talladega tickets. I've only been to one NASCAR race

a few years back at Martinsville, and I enjoyed the thrill. Nothing greater

than seeing guys driving with the intent of pushing their way afterward.

"Look--I only hit you at 60......if you don't get out of my way,I'll hit you

at 160 on a fast track"

Gotta agree with Denny, fans are great people. It doesn't really matter

who you support, they are all more skilled and experienced and willing to

race fo the win---- regardless.

Oh---- been to Daytona before---happened to catch Dale Jarrett on

the track doing testing----Have to admit it--- you get a good view of most the

track there.

PharmGuy

P.S.----I'll put my support to the Wood Brothers. Been to shop in Stuart,VA

before they moved. They took us on a shop tour, into transporter,

and put my son in a wreck, took his photo--- sure made his day!

hey thanks for all the feedback guys. i honestly can't wait

seeing 3 wide 200 mph blowin by me.........honestley i just can't wait to hear those engines going by me, look out :blink:

denny, i remember when you went to that richard petty driving thing and we talked about it, sounded like a blast.

i just got a new Nikon Digital camera so i'll be taking lots of pics....hopefully i might get to meet a couple of the drivers or alteast get a good pic of em, with my pit pass, don't really know how that pit pass thing works, as far as if you can be by the drivers and cars or what, so i'll just have to see.

hopefully i'll post some sweet pics when i get back

The pit pass works differently depending on the track. We had pit passes at Bristol and it consisted of a tent in the pit area for the sponsor and guided tours of the track and pit area, you do run into and see the drivers. We were on a bus headed back to the parking lot and Dale Jr popped his head in to say hi to the driver lol.

Its unlike any other sporting event.

Really nice of Jr to do that. Once at DOver we were walking back to the motorhome and we saw Rusty riding in the passenger side of a car leaving the track. My buddy, Capt. Reese yelled out "hey Rusty, how about an autograph" The car stopped, Rusty got out an signed a bunch of stuff for people. The same weekend we sat next to Kenny Schrader in BK and he signed our newspapers.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah Silver, you gotta do the RP driving experience. It is around $400 bucks maybe a little less but it was worth it. There is a service where you can order the race scanners online and they mail them to you all programed, or they have places at the tracks where you can rent them all programed. I have a scanner and it just takes too much effort to enter all the ship.

SWO, I like golf shirts, I hate feeling like a slug when I go out so I usually wear them or a regular shirt.

i have been to texas motor speedway every winston/nextel cup race for the last 2 years(so 4 races total), this year will be different though, because i am leaving. dont ask me how much it was, my dad buys the tickets, so i dont have a clue, but it is awesome, especially if you get em ringside!

buy,  another spelling error I guess

*whispers to VBdenny*

Psst...hit the edit button"

:)

as for him buying my tickets, its a family thing we do together. twice a year. really its the only time we get to spend togehter, we are all off doing our own things.

im never home either, i practically live at my office. thsi si the first weekend off i have ahd in.... .... .... ....5 months.