Gs300

Hi everyone I’m looking into buying a 99 GS300 that is nearby. This would be my first Lexus. I really like the car but don’t want to get stuck with a lemon. I went over the car and it looked good as far as tires brakes and other noticeable things but wanted to know if there is anything that I should look for or any specific problems these cars are known for.

I forgot to add that it has 100,000 miles  :chairshot:

Best thing to do would be taking the car to a nearby Toyota or Lexus dealer and let them do a 128 point inspection which will tell you every thing about the car including all the history. Toyota Charges 79.99 and lexus charge 99.99 for the inspection

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone I’m looking into buying a 99 GS300 that is nearby. This would be my first Lexus.  I really like the car but don’t want to get stuck with a lemon. I went over the car and it looked good as far as tires brakes and other noticeable things but wanted to know if there is anything that I should look for or any specific problems these cars are known for.

I just purchased a 99 gs3 from a dealer with 130K....but felt comfortable due to the fact it had always been serviced there on every scheduled interval and the previous owner was single (not alot of wear inside) and car drove perfect.

I would suggest you check out all speeds on a/c fan....sometimes lower speeds sound noisy. Take and play cd player (cd'.s go in upside down in the changer).

Test drive aggressively on and off highway. No problems with mine yet but I am always listening.