Window Washer Nuzzle Frozen/clogged

hammer008

Was on the highway when this DANGEROUS thing happened...was blinded by a passing truck. Washer only spat on my passenger side. Had to pull over and manually wash the windshield. :cries:

What do you guys do when this happens? Further, when it is working on a warmer day, its aim is off. How does one go about fixing the aim?

Was on the highway when this DANGEROUS thing happened...was blinded by a passing truck.  Washer only spat on my passenger side.  Had to pull over and manually wash the windshield.  :cries: 

What do you guys do when this happens?  Further, when it is working on a warmer day, its aim is off.  How does one go about fixing the aim?

This happened to me as well (not on the highway mind you). Some dirt, salt or grit has clogged the jet's. The best thing to do is take a small pin & very gently put it inside the holes & move it around to clear out the dirt or grit. The nozzles on my 01 ES move ever so slightly so you should be able to do the same thing & make a slight adjustment for better aim. Good Luck! B)

:cheers:

Has anyone had any experience replacing the nozzles that just stream out water with the newer ones that mist/spray the water out. My '98 has the older kind and i'd really like to replace them. Any input is appreciated.

Has anyone had any experience replacing the nozzles that just stream out water with the newer ones that mist/spray the water out. My '98 has the older kind and i'd really like to replace them. Any input is appreciated.

What is your 98 equipped with? :unsure: My 01 ES has 3 powerful jets PER side of the windshield (3 for drivers side & 3 for passenger side). It's like night & day compared to the weak 2 on each side that I had on my Maxima. B)

if yours stream it is because someon tampered with them and damaged the nozzels which are supposed to give out a fine wide and flat mist

by someone putting something in the ends they opened up the nozzel causing them to now stream out

you need to replace them

just don't replace them with the neon nozzles............please say you won't.

steviej

haha no i save the neon for the light around my license plate and the tire stem caps. :D j/k

I replaced the nozzles from my '01 ES with the ones from the '03 ES. The nozzle spray is much improved, more of a fan-type pattern and spreads out more than from the stock nozzles. You can get the newer nozzles by placing an order at the parts counter from your Lexus dealership. It doesn't cost that much, and it's a worthy and subtle mod :D

I replaced the nozzles from my '01 ES with the ones from the '03 ES. The nozzle spray is much improved, more of a fan-type pattern and spreads out more than from the stock nozzles. You can get the newer nozzles by placing an order at the parts counter from your Lexus dealership. It doesn't cost that much, and it's a worthy and subtle mod :D

Doug, what was the cost of those parts (roughly)? & was it easy to install or did the dealer do it? :unsure:

I have 3 'jet's' for each side of the windshield......which I think does a very good job in getting more than enough washer fluid on the windshield.......your saying this the current generation spray is that much better? B)

Both of the '03 ES nozzles costed me $22. They come in different colors, and you obviously want the ones which match the body color of your ES. I installed it myself. Very easy to do, took me only 10 minutes. The nozzles are held on by clips on both ends. I used a business card to remove the old nozzles. Believe me, you'll notice a big difference in terms of the nozzle spray between these nozzles and the ones from the '97-'01 ES :)

Do you think that they have the same colored nozzles for the previous gen (97-01)? When I went to Lexus to get car mats, they said that they no longer carried my color. My interior is sort of a tan color, not uncommon. So I ended up paying over $100 for different car mats. Disappointing, but at least the car mats create a nice contrast.

Both of the '03 ES nozzles costed me $22.  They come in different colors, and you obviously want the ones which match the body color of your ES.  I installed it myself.  Very easy to do, took me only 10 minutes.  The nozzles are held on by clips on both ends.  I used a business card to remove the old nozzles.  Believe me, you'll notice a big difference in terms of the nozzle spray between these nozzles and the ones from the '97-'01 ES :)

$20 apiece at my dealership vs $9ea at newlexusparts.com.. go figure. anyone has any clue if these 03ES nozzles fit 1st gen ES's (92-96)?

Both of the '03 ES nozzles costed me $22.  They come in different colors, and you obviously want the ones which match the body color of your ES.  I installed it myself.  Very easy to do, took me only 10 minutes.  The nozzles are held on by clips on both ends.  I used a business card to remove the old nozzles.  Believe me, you'll notice a big difference in terms of the nozzle spray between these nozzles and the ones from the '97-'01 ES :)

$20 apiece at my dealership vs $9ea at newlexusparts.com.. go figure. anyone has any clue if these 03ES nozzles fit 1st gen ES's (92-96)?

Where do you see them on newlexusparts.com?? I can't find them for the '03 model year.

Does anyone know if the ones on newlexusparts.com will work on a 97 ES?

it's in the collision catalog..

Collision Catalog Windshield , Wiper and washer components ,Washer nozzle

Aqua

Beige

Black

Blue

Green

Paint to Match

Red

Shell

White

Free shipping too. eBay them if they don't fit i guess..

My nozzle on the driver side froze up, 04 es 330, didn't help washing the car when its 17 degrees F. gas cap door froze up too. Sat in the garage for few minutes o.k. now. Stupid Michigan weather. Last week 50 and rain, now 17 and snow.

Timothy

My nozzle on the driver side froze up, 04 es 330, didn't help washing the car when its 17 degrees F. gas cap door froze up too.  Sat in the garage for few minutes o.k. now.  Stupid Michigan weather. Last week 50 and rain, now 17 and snow.

Timothy

sounds like Boston.

steviej

LOL

it was -35 and i had to go to ST. Catherines to inspect an MB SL55

on the way i found out my driver nozzels where clogged.

Wanna bet i started to think about this thread.........

Lucky when i got home i took a small peic of telephone wire( i have lots from being in the telecom buisness) and slid it in and out and they all work perfect again.

oh what hell it was