"screeeeee" Sound At Startup In Cold Weather

hammer008

When the car has not been driven for a few days and the weather is cold, I always get a "screeeeeee" sound for about 1 second fromt the engine.:cries: It is very nerve racking...anyone know what it may be caused by.

My guess, it is oil starvation at startup.

ps. I did change my oil with Canadian 2 months ago to Semi-synthetic for $50.

Mine did that, I had the Alternator and Power Steering belts replaced.  The car had 90K miles on it at that time.

The whole thing including OEM belts and Labor cost me $70.00.

I am pretty sure it is not the belts because I had them fixed (tightened) by a mechanic and I know what it sounds like. This sound is more "metalic" type of clatter.

if it is not the belts and you are absolutely sure about that, then there is another possibility.

I remember a few threads talking about some bracket that is near the starter and flywheel I think. I would tell you to search but I don't what to tell you to search on. It was on early model ES, I think, and it was a dealer fix. I want to say it was a flange or bracket that gets caught or something. I am being very vague but maybe it will jog someone else's memory.

steviej