Heat Only Part Time

OK, here is the deal. Even though my 1995 SC400 is completely warmed up, the heater blower will not turn on until I start driving. Then it fires up and the air is warm. If I come to a stop light and stop, it then starts blowing cold. I already replaced the heater control valve and still the same problem. I inspected the vacuum hoses going to the heater control valve and they look OK. I also did a quick test of the the little check valve on the vacuum hose going to the heater control valve. Anyone had this problem before?? Any advice??

Today I am going to add a little anti-freeze, just to top it off (the guy at Lexus and on this website said that might be the problem?. If that doesn't work, I am going to replace all vacuum hoses and that check valve leading up to the heater control valve.

My '93 has done this for the past several years. Living in Houston, it really hasnt been a priority, but I'll have to try that. Though, I dont understand how that would fix the problem. Does anyone understand how exactly this works. Water or anti-freeze in the over-flow container isnt really being used... is it? I've also notice that, with my car, this problem comes and goes. Let us know if this problem resurfaces.

OK, here is the deal.  Even though my 1995 SC400 is completely warmed up, the heater blower will not turn on until I start driving.  Then it fires up and the air is warm.  If I come to a stop light and stop, it then starts blowing cold.  I already replaced the heater control valve and still the same problem.  I inspected the vacuum hoses going to the heater control valve and they look OK.  I also did a quick test of the the little check valve on the vacuum hose going to the heater control valve.  Anyone had this problem before??  Any advice??

also check ur thermostat