1992 Sc300 O/d Off Light Flashing. Please Help.

Reederoo

Hi

I am a new member to this site and I own a 1992 SC300 with an automatic transmission. It has 85,000 Miles and is in near perfect condition. I bought it in Nov 2004 and have not done any maintenance yet. I will probably change the transmission fluid and see if that helps this problem.

The O/D OFF light recently started flashing. It stops if the car is turned off and restarted, and begins flashing again when you reach somewhere around 30-40 mph. Everything else seems normal. It seems to be shifting fine and has good power.

Does anyone know what the flashing light means and what needs to be done to correct it? Is this a common problem?

I enjoy working on my own vehicles, so any do-it-yourself repair tips would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I am a new member to this site and I own a 1992 SC300 with an automatic transmission. It has 85,000 Miles and is in near perfect condition.  I bought it in Nov 2004 and have not done any maintenance yet. I will probably change the transmission fluid and see if that helps this problem.

The O/D OFF light recently started flashing. It stops if the car is turned off and restarted, and begins flashing again when you reach somewhere around 30-40 mph. Everything else seems normal. It seems to be shifting fine and has good power.

Does anyone know what the flashing light means and what needs to be done to correct it?  Is this a common problem?

I enjoy working on my own vehicles, so any do-it-yourself repair tips would be appreciated.

i wana say that u could have a bad, broken, or corroded sensor. the lamp is flashing to indicate there is a problem with the overdrive. try that good luck

surge