New Bose Suspendstion

GSsoldier

Dr. Bose came to our university last semester and gave a presentation to our engineering department on the new suspension system that took 22 years to complete. It was very impressive and we all gasped and laughed at the end of the presentation when Dr. Bose showed the LS400 (moving at about 25mph) "jumping" over a 2" x 8" on the ground .... it was like watching a horse jump a fence. Supposedly the German auto makers have expressed a real interest in this technology.

Dr. Bose is a real car guy with many funny stories about the terrible cars that he's owned and worked on.

:)

I can only hope he's a better car guy than he is a stereo guy.

His sound equipment has the lowest possible reputation in the high end home audio world. Imagine something with sub-Kia quality and Lexus/MB marketing. At almost any price point, there is a better and/or equivalent and cheaper product than Bose.

I went to the "other" science school on the West Coast and our instructors would joke about Bose being a professor at that Boston technical college.

No highs, no lows, that's Bose.

well if u guys still havent seen the quicktime video on here u guys should check it out... i hope in the next 2 years... lexus will offer this suspension.... imagine standard bose top of hte line suspenion... and top of hte line speakers!!! O_O could it happen?

no way? he was here? im in engineering i wonder how come i didnt hear about this?

jzz30,

Yep ... the presentation was in the amphitheatre in Kuykendal in early November if my memory serves me. What department are you in? I work in POST for Lloyd Hihara.

His sound equipment has the lowest possible reputation in the high end home audio world.

I hadn't realized that Bose claimed to be high end since you can buy a complete Bose system for the cost of a pair of audiophile quality speakers. Heck, you can buy three Bose systems with the amount of money my brother spent on his Quad amp.

I went to the "other" science school on the West Coast and our instructors would joke about Bose being a professor at that Boston technical college.

I've heard Dr. Bose speak on two occasions and I certainly don't think that he's anything to joke about. He has proven himself to be an innovator, successful entrepreneur and outstanding teacher. Why try to put him down or imply that anyone that buys Bose products is an idiot? There are many Lexus owners with Bose sound systems in their vehicles that are quite happy with what they have.

:blink:

You're right. I apologize. I was being churlish.

I respect his success as a businessmen. However, I do not respect his products as I feel it is mostly hype and you can do better. His ideas for home audio led to one of the most overrated speakers in history -- the 901.

And one of the things I like about Lexus is that they had the good sense to put in Mark Levinson stereo when other luxury car makers were going for Bose.

But then, I accept the fact that to each his own. Sorry.

yea i have bose in my room, its great, its compact and its better than my dads sony speakers that went for the same price and took up much more room, and its some of the best sound i have heard, but the levinson in the cars are better than the bose.

K9: im in mechanical engineering. i will be in post more often soon.

K9: im in mechanical engineering. i will be in post more often soon.

jzz30 ... me too!! Drop by if you have time ... you must know Jesmond, Alex and Ryan ... I work with them in POST.

Talking of the Mark Levinson system in the new cars, my brother isn't too impressed with the ML in his 430 but I've never had a chance to listen to it so I don't know if it's good or bad. Perhaps I'll have a chance to check it out when I visit the UK in February.