Cleaning Tools

Was just wondering what everyone used to wash their cars. For instance ... what do you use for scrubbing ... a chamile mitt? What do you use to dry? Chamois? Micro-fiber towels? Anything else? I'm kind of new to actually taking good care of a car so give me anything you can think of! Thanks!

everyone has their own method of doing things, you'll find one that works for you

i wash with a micro-glove wash mit

i dry with california waterblade and a micro chamois towel.

whatever you use just make sure its clean, and the bucket you are using is clean and debris free.

any high quality micro fiber prodcut will be just fine.

I use a sheepskin mitt (you can get them at walmart) and the two-bucket method for washing (one bucket with soapy water and another with clear water for rinsing the mitt before I dip it into the soapy water bucket--helps remove abrasives and prevent swirls). For drying I use a waffle weave microfiber towel. I also agree with everthing said before. A lot of it is trial and error and personal preferences. The one area of consensus will be microfiber towels for drying. They make life soooo much easier....

You should try an MF sponge Silver, I was using a mitt too until I tried the sponge, it holds a lot more liquid.

OK you've got my attention (once I got past the 'sponge' traps grit etc) where do you buy these from, I'd like to try it...

JonM