Dangerous Sound

On my 98 Gs300, I'm getting a ridiculously dangerous sounding creek when I break to come to a stopand when I reverse and turn the wheel. I'm thinking that it could be my Control Arm Bushings. I'm planning to get the Daizen replacements to aviod buying the entire control arms. Are there any other possible parts that could be ont he fritz???

On my 98 Gs300,  I'm getting a ridiculously dangerous sounding creek when I break  to come to a stopand when I reverse and turn the wheel. I'm thinking that it could be my  Control Arm Bushings.  I'm planning to get the Daizen replacements to aviod buying the entire control arms.  Are there any other possible parts that could be ont he fritz???

I have the same problem. taking my car to lexus on friday.

• 4 weeks later...
I have the same noise on my 1999 GS 300.  who knows what it is?  Let me know when you find out.  Thanks

You all sound like you're describing the typical Lexus creak/snap/pop sound that most of us have.

It happens for me and others predominately when you first start a car, pull out of a drive way or parking spot, start to pull away and within 10-50 feet you get that creak or snapping sound. It's just the Anti-lock doing their check upon initial movement.

Check and see that it doesn't happen at any time after that. If it does, then you could have a real problem.

(GuyTelefunken, I'm praying you don't jump in here and tell me I'm full of crap! :) lol! )

I have the same noise on my 1999 GS 300.  who knows what it is?  Let me know when you find out.  Thanks

You all sound like you're describing the typical Lexus creak/snap/pop sound that most of us have.

It happens for me and others predominately when you first start a car, pull out of a drive way or parking spot, start to pull away and within 10-50 feet you get that creak or snapping sound. It's just the Anti-lock doing their check upon initial movement.

Check and see that it doesn't happen at any time after that. If it does, then you could have a real problem.

(GuyTelefunken, I'm praying you don't jump in here and tell me I'm full of crap! :) lol! )

You know, I didn't even scroll down the page far enough to see the crack about me commenting on this post and I was ready to hit the reply. As you are a respected member of the forum, I'll be gentle :chairshot: You are aware there is no such "anti-lock check" right?

I too will be interested to hear if someone does figure out this particular problem. I think I've heard something similar in my car at some point in time.

You know, I didn't even scroll down the page far enough to see the crack about me commenting on this post and I was ready to hit the reply. As you are a respected member of the forum, I'll be gentle :chairshot: You are aware there is no such "anti-lock check" right?

I too will be interested to hear if someone does figure out this particular problem. I think I've heard something similar in my car at some point in time.

Well it was definately an issue with my suspension. I'll find my receipt and tell you exactly wha tit was! But it's fixed now :)

• 1 month later...

Well it was definately an issue with my suspension. I'll find my receipt and tell you exactly wha tit was! But it's fixed now :)

You are making me curious. What did they fix?