Radio Compatibility Questions

wucantstop

I pulled the radio out of my 94 ls a few months ago and I'm now trying to sell it on ebay. My question is whether or not it will fit in all 90-94 ls400s or only in specific ones like 93-94 or something like that. It's not the Nakamichi, it just says Lexus Premium Sound System. What cars will it fit? I need to tell some potential bidders that would like to know. Thanks for your help!

If your head unit is CD changer capable, it should fit both cassette only and CD changer LS400s from 1990 to 1994.

If your radio is cassette only, it's FM/AM/cassette will still work on a 90-94 LS that is equipped with a CD changer, but there won't be a hole for the CD changer cable to plug into.

It will not work on Nakamichi equipped LS from what I know. The plugs are different.

ahh! I didn't realize it's you! Yes, that was me asking you questions. I'm interested in your radio. How about $120.00 buy it now? That's a fairly reasonable price for a 11 years old Pioneer deck with no CD changer control.

You are right, it will not work for Nakamichi equipped LS400s. It won't be able to connect to a CD changer equipped Pioneer LS400, but the FM/AM/cassette will still work.

My 92 LS doesn't have a CD changer and, to make things worse, the cassette stopped working. Right now I'm desperately looking for a headunit that can at least play cassettes.